Walmart clearance for what it's worth.

Just picked up a Mewtwo ex tin and a Rayquaza ex tin for $10 each and a 2 pack, 1 coin and 3 singles(Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) for $5. I figure on average that’s $2.50 a pack, thought that was pretty good. Might go back in the morning and get the rest, only had 3 other tins and 3 of the 2 pack combos.

Anyway thought I would share in case your local walmarts marked some of there cards down. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I saw the legendary beast pack and i caught my eye. I’ll go swing by and see if mine has it

Awesome I’m heading there around 8 in the morning tomorrow to do my grocery shopping anyway, gonna have to see if I can find any deals.

My nearest Walmart also scaled back the TCG section in favor of adding more self checkout registers, I haven’t been there since they began the process.

1 Like

It’s still a waste of money really.

2 Likes

It really doesn’t feel like you can win with modern TCG. I haven’t opened any packs since October and can never bring myself around to justifying it. The urge never goes away though lol.

I stopped buying all that s&m shit after SM3H. Bought a 1st Edition & a STAFF Charizard while everyone was opening modern TCG packs. Pretty good choice staying away from new product if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

No luck at my local store, most of Walmart’s clearance sales seem to be heavily YMMV.

It seems like what I mentioned earlier was true though, the TCG section was cut in half. The store added additional self checkout stations to both sides of the store and this made them cut back the top half of the TCG aisle. Looks like no more tins, no more 3 pack blisters and the single booster packs went from having about 8 pegs down to 2.

I don’t think the reduction would be due to low sales though because the booster packs are always wiped out. The only thing ever in stock used to be tins and collection boxes.

I think buying packs at $1 each (remember that GameStop sale?) could be worthwhile, but even then I wasnt motivated to get any: I agree!

2 Likes

My stores’ card sections seem to still be buried by approx. 5,273 EX/GX collection boxes

Here in Canada, Walmart is the most expensive place to buy anything TCG related. Last time I went there, they had Shining Legends ETBs for $74.99 which is roughly $60 USD. 50% higher than everyone else… I’m not really sure why though. They have very competitive pricing on everything else.