Video game collecting thread

The other thread is more about graded Pokemon games, so I figure why not start a non graded non Pokemon one as well though I’m gonna open with Pokemon stuff anyway lol.

A while ago, I decided I wanted to get all the language variants of SoulSilver because I had English and Korean carts from childhood. I later decided this was silly, but I did end up picking up a CIB Japanese, a CIB German and a regular box only Italian before I stopped. It’s kinda hard to tell in this picture but the German box is kinda massive compared to the English/Japanese ones, which is a bit of a running theme with European 3/DS boxes compared to the rest of the world.

Something I am chipping away at though is getting all the Pokemon steelbooks. For whatever reason, Nintendo of Europe tends to offer steelbooks as preorder bonuses while Nintendo of America doesn’t, so it’s a bit annoying trying to get them all. I’ve been focusing the 3DS first due to age/personal taste, but I’ll get around to the rest of the Switch ones eventually. The Switch ones also have a bit of a wrench in the plans with Legends/SV getting Korean steelbooks as well, which is an even bigger pain to get.

3DS wise, the only Pokemon steelbooks released in the US were the Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Amazon exclusive dual packs, while the rest were released in fan packs in Europe. A friend in Europe has been helping me pick up some European stuff, which let me snag a bundle of the rest of the European 3DS steelbooks I’m missing (Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Moon, plus an extra Ultra Sun and a gold USUM which I might replace my current ones with). That leaves me with only the SM steelbook to get, which I’ve been vaguely procrastinating on for a while.

Anyways, that’s enough from me. Post some fun expensive cardboard/plastic rectangles and funny squares/circles.

10 Likes

Not a collection I’m actively pursuing atm, but I do think that this game is great for what it wants to be, so I’ve build a small Battle Revolution collection in the past. Also the game being very affordable to pick up surely has helped as well.

7 Likes

Those steel books are cool, do you know how old the oldest ones are?

1 Like

Sun and Moon was released in October 2016.

The oldest (Pokemon) ones are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, so Nov 28 2014.

Though there’s an alternate universe where FutureShop did release their X/Y steelbooks, which would’ve likely been in the DVD jumbo size instead of the custom 3DS case size and in that alternate universe I’d be moaning about how they don’t match the rest of the mons.

1 Like

I mainly collect the game grey squares as chew toys for my shark-anteater-horse mix

I dust and clean this shelf all the damn time, literally do not get 2 big dogs you will constantly have dust.

(Major difference if you’ve seen these shelves in the past :meowth:)

3 Likes

Not Pokemon and not graded

5 Likes

I have a lot of games, but this is probably the oldest one I have. I found it a month or two ago while looking through a bunch of my old action figures :joy:

3 Likes