Vending series and WHF sheet

I’ve never noticed a difference but, to be fair, I never closely compared them.

I’ll check tomorrow morning, I have a peeled WHF #00 sheet lying around somewhere in the original package (it came in a small bag kinda like the 7-11 promo sheets, weird…), so I’ll compare them to the CD promos.

I heard there wasn’t any difference. But I thought the same about a lot of other very similar looking cards before as well (Australian Fossil cards; Australian Jungle cards; three printing differences of Base unlimited; 2D/3D 1st edition Base Set stamps; etc. etc.), so it wouldn’t surprise me if there is indeed some kind of difference to be found between the two.

Greetz,
Quuador

Well i’m assuming there is a difference, because PSA grades them with different titles, although to me the cards look identical.

The pikachu is a little obvious because of the rarity symbol.

The mewtwo and mew from the Best CD promo set are identical to the Vending sheet #00. The Pikachu however is different… The Pikachu from the Red/Green gift set is missing the rarity symbol and (I believe) does not have a glossy front.

1 Like

You’re correct. One Glossy + rarity symbol; one not glossy and no rarity symbol.

As for the different grade-labels, I believe you can specify to PSA which one it is and they will grade it as it. Not sure what they use by default if it isn’t specific in your remarks though. At least, that’s what I heard somewhere; don’t quote me on it.

Greetz,
Quuador

Alright, just compared them and they’re 100% the same

IMG_20170913_121119490 by Pedro V., on Flickr

1 Like

Wow thanks!

So just to confirm.

WHF Mew / CD promo Mew - Exactly the same - both glossy with rarity symbol.
WHF Mewtwo / CD promo Mewtwo - Exactly the same - both glossy with rarity symbol.
WHF Pikachu / Red/Green gift set Pikachu - DIFFERENT - WHF glossy with rarity symbol - Cd promo NON glossy with No rarity.

thanks again guys and I’m glad we can put this to bed.

No problem, glad to help. :blush:

Yep just as you described it. Fun fact: Toyota promo Pikachu doesn’t have the rarity symbol nor the little ball logo expansion symbol.