Variants of Komiya old back art

Hi everyone! I’m new here :slight_smile:
I have a collection partner, we split everything 50/50.
Our collection goal is to get every single japanese komiya old back card graded PSA 10. We’re like half way there in terms of number of cards, however we have not yet bought the most expensive cards (machamp masaki, farfetch’d corocoro)
Would like to know if you know of any variant I might have missed. For example we finished collecting all the red green gift no rarity cards that are variants of vending cards. Also vending series 3 have light and dark variants that we also picked up (fun fact: growlithe is the only komiya old back card I can think of that has 3 variants: the light one the dark one and the no rarity one). Let me know if there might be more that we’re missing :slight_smile:
Also working on a cool briefcase to contain the entire thing once it’s done
Thank you and happy collecting!

8 Likes

I think this is a question for @mthursty

4 Likes

Thanks @pfm for the mention :slight_smile:

Haha you’ve actually got variants I didn’t think of getting myself!
I never knew of the light and dark vending series :slight_smile:

As for other non set cards all I can think of are the smeargle promo and the touch generation change promo. Both of which are likely easier to grade in a 10 than the farfetchd and machamp.

I am not aware of other non error variants unless there are more print variations throughout the neo series :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I had already considered those.
I actually saved a spot for both touch generation change promos in the breifcase :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s the only exeption of the “only old back” rule. Weirdly enough, if you consider all japanese komiya cards, the most difficoult to obtain are probably the unlimited e starter deck cards: charmeleon, bulbasaur and clefairy. I have been trying to find out if a 2007 japanese tropical mega battle Vs beedrill exists or not. If that is a thing that’s probably the holy grail of japanese komiya cards. Then there’s the New year’s present special card. If any more difficoult to find komiya cards come to mind, please let me know in this thread. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There are definitely some more difficult Japanese Komiya cards but it seems you’ve got a handle on the grails!

If you are specifically seeking challenging PSA 10’s I’d look into:

Uniqlo Zorua
L2/L3 Unlimited Reverse holos
WCP Unlimited

Good luck with your search! It seems you are going after a more difficult goal than my own!!

(You might appreciate my favorite binder page :blush:)

11 Likes

Oh my god you have all three!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I’ll look into those. that binder page is really something else!

1 Like

not japanese but I imagine this has to be the rarest Komiya card - was given to attendees of the 2009 TPCi annual distributor meeting in Chicago.

if anyone has one please show yourself

9 Likes

There are definitely members of e4 that have a copy of this card :smiling_face_with_tear: if only I were one of them :sob:

Then there’s ofc english vs series janine’s beedrill :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: is there a japanese version of that card? I cant find nothing about it

Here’s the card on pokumon :slight_smile:

https://pokumon.com/card/english-janines-beedrill-tropical-mega-battle-2001-vs-tropical-mega-battle/

That’s the english one tho :slight_smile: I was looking for the japanese one

That’s good and all, I mean I can deduce from here taht there were 12 japanese players that recieved the tropical mega battle half deck. However I cant tell if the japanese Vs versions are any different form the japanese tropical mega battle versions.
I know the cards in english had a unique stamp, however I have not been able to find any pictures of the japanese cards with that stamp

Ah, i have no knowledge if the japanese tropical mega battle variant has stamp, the tropical breeze from the deck apparently has it so it’s possible that others too have but also possible that they just used the cards that already existed in japanese and just added the tropical breeze one to the decks as a new one. Indeed interesting if another variant of the card appears in japanese. According to bulbapedia 12 decks were released in japanese in addition to english and other languages so it is possible

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am asking for advice now. As you may know we are trying to collect all old back japanese komiya cards graded psa 10. We thought that eventually when we would have finished we would have moved on to newer cards, so we bought a lot of those also.
Now we decided that if we continue beyond the old back collection we will do so by collecting non graded cards. So we now want to try and trade these new back psa 10 japanese komiya cards for the old back ones we still miss.
These are the new back cards we own

My question is: does describing and scanning all the cards go a long way compared to just posting a photo of the cards in a WTT post? Or would a list of cards be enough in a WTT post? Lastly, is there anyone interested in doing some trading? Is it safe? I have never done it

2 Likes

Also wanted to share an image of the briefcase that will contain the entire collection, the goles are in cronological order and each contain one set/independent release. I know its a little cursed and not very space efficient but I like how it looks once you open the briefcase :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do light and dark variants mean here?

2 Likes

You had me at Komiya

2 Likes