value wotc boosters 2014?

Not even close! The prices have SKYROCKETED in the past year to two years. I remember base set unlimted boosters sitting at around 20-25 dollars just 2 years ago and the unlimited fossil and jungle boosters were less than 10 bucks for a good deal. The same can be said for rocket packs too.

What is REALLY shocking is the price of first edition packs. I bought 4 first edition neo destiny packs 2 years ago for 120 dollars. Now ONE of those packs sells for more than the entire lot. All other first edition packs have doubled too.

It’s all a function of fans getting older and being able to afford the stuff they grew up collecting. That and scarcity of the product and it’s Wizards of the Coast, which is no longer printed at all. Pokemon Go “helped”, but this is more about the continued aging of the product with a growing fan base and expanding collectability of the older cards.

I think “skyrocketed” is a bit of an overstatement when it comes to unlimited(excluding Base Set). Unlimited Booster packs have only gone up a few dollars and the booster boxes have gone up a couple hundred.

To be more specific, Fossil, Jungle, Team Rocket and Gym Set unlimited Boxes were about $200-300 and Base Set was about $500.

Tbh, I think what we saw last year was more of a combination of investors taking interest and retired collectors jumping back into the hobby. While I do think Pokemon cards would reach those prices eventually without Go, Pokemon Go definitely sped things up a lot.

I was selling unlimited team rocket booster packs back in late 2014 for $5 AUD each, sold close to 100, which was the value at the time, I’ve been selling them for up to $35 AUD each recently

I for sure remember unlimited Base Set packs being under $30 on eBay. You still had the same old people who would sell single packs via .99 cent auction and they’d end anywhere from $20-30 on average.

*in 2014

What I consider having “Skyrocketed” is really the first edition packs, but I guess this also depends on the definition of skyrocketed. I think the neo destiny packs can definitely make an argument for it and many other ones have gone up buy quite a bit as well.

to give you an idea, I purchased 2 unlimited base set blister packs, charizard and venusaur art for $65 2 years ago. I sold both of them last month for $220 and that seems to be on the low end for today’s prices. I remember seeing base packs for sub $30 all day and thinking man I should get some but never did. I was thinking they would stabilize after the boom in the community from people just buying them to crack open for nostalgia but all packs unlimited and 1st ed seem to just keep rising.

I remember when you could get Base packs for like $11 each; this was about 5 or 6 years ago. Those were the days! :blush:

To give you an idea, in 2009 primetimepokemon(youtuber) paid under $100 each for a skyridge, aquapolis, and ex team rocket returns box. in 2010, he paid under $100 for a legendary collection, ex delta species, neo destiny, and legend maker box. in 2011, around $200 for neo discovery and ex emerald. In 2012, Jungle, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, EX Sandstorm, EX Holon Phantoms, Rising Rivals, Unleashed, Undaunted, Call of Legends, Black and White Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, Next Destinies, and Dark Explorers all for around $2000. 2014, base set was $600, team rocket 1st ed was $380, and fossil first ed was $350. Personally, I remember paying 99 cents plus shipping for expedition packs on amazon in 2011 and around $200 for first edition base packs. Prices are considered crazy nowadays but its basic supply and demand so it doesn’t surprise me to the slightest. Be in this hobby for the fun of the game and strategically save for the higher end items cause Pokemon is here to stay and will continue to grow.