Value of Shadowless 1999 base set Venusaur

Hello,

I’m looking to find how much my 1999 base set shadowless venusaur is. I’ve searched eBay and can only find PSA graded ones. Mine is not graded and has been kept in its sleeve for 20 years, condition is excellent with a few minor marks on the front. Minimal whitening on back and sides too.

Any help appreciated, can’t see an option to add pictures.

Hello there! I once struggled with image upload as well, but I think this will really help. Once the images are uploaded, we can assess the condition and hopefully estimate a value! Usually value is assessed by approximating the condition of the card to what we anticipate PSA will grade it. That method doesn’t work for all cards, though it certainly does for a Shadowless Venusaur!

1 Like

imgur.com/hPZYL8Q.jpg

imgur.com/tDKunTe.jpg[\img]

Thanks for the help I’ve uploaded the pictures

just my quick opinion: PSA 5-6. this is more of a binder collection for most people i would say.

1 Like

I agree, my initial thought was 6. So you can probably approximate the value of your card as a PSA 5 or 6 average since it is ungraded.

1 Like

The card appears roughly to be in PSA 7 condition. Based on sales data and current market availability, I’d put the value at roughly $250 - $300.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, it has a small indent on the front I’m not sure that shows up so I was expecting it to not grade well. Thank you for the feedback

Decision is now if it worth grading or to just hold on to…

With a small indent, you’re looking at a value closer to $80-150.

This is overly ambitious. The indents alone would bring the card down to a PSA 6, but this is more likely to be a PSA 5 imo.