Value Of No Stamp First Movie Promo Errors

Hey! Got lucky and stumbled into a No Stamp Dragonite First Movie Promo (no imprint or anything)! I know these are pretty rare but a part of me wants to try and get the set if possible so I’m wondering what you guys think the value of each card might be. I’ve only seen the listing for $200k for the set of 4 in a BGS 9.5 but never seen them up for sale publicly besides that so I’m at a total loss.

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I don’t think many if any have actually sold. They are one of those anomalies that will never have much if any data.

I guess for now the value will just be less than 50k lol! Definitely makes it harder to think about finishing the set knowing how impossible they are to come by!

Reach out to TCA gaming - previous videos he’s been paying 2.5k-3.5k depending on condition.

4 Likes

Was this for the missing stamp or inverted stamp error?

1 Like

I like them both

2 Likes

Sent you a message!

FWIW, I’ve paid 2040 GBP (~2.5k USD at the time) for my BGS-6 Pikachu in August 2019. That was the only Pikachu I had seen at the time though, but I’ve seen four more since (in David Persin’s and TCA’s collections, and the other two on FB and IG iirc - not sure where anymore).

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! If they’re still anywhere around that price point then they definitely feel obtainable based on cost with rarity being the only factor! Really wonder how many of each are floating around, I’ve seen

The set of 4 on eBay
My Dragonite
3 Pikachus including yours and TCA’s
1 Mewtwo on TCA’s channel

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if the prices are 3-4 times as high now. Since I bought mine mid-2019, this was before the pandemic and before the market exploded in 2021. Some cards had quadruplet (or even tenfold increased) in value around that time. They have been lowered a bit nowadays, but compared to 2019, most WotC era cards are still at least 2.5 times that price.

Here are the four from David Persin, the #1 English Pokémon TCG collector (he shows the regular; Invested; and no stamp version - the no stamp ones start around the 8:20 mark):

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes