UPDATE: E4 Story-Time (Calendar, still taking sign-ups!)

Hi Folks,

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we take turns telling a Pokemon-related story. Each day, we would feature a different member who would share their story with whatever pictures/videos they can find (or just text). It might be a fun/therapeutic way to pass the time and enjoy each other’s company while everything in the real-world is closed. Let me know if you’d be interested, and I’ll start making a list/calendar. If there is enough interest and Scott and the admins approve, I’d be willing to make this into a storytelling contest with a small Poke-Prize for the most engaging story. I’m an English teacher by profession, and with my both my spring break trip and my classes cancelled, I’m going to need something to occupy my time!

CALENDAR (Google Doc)

Some Potential Topics:
-Childhood memory
-Collection addition/goal
-Meaningful Event/Meeting
-Regret/Missed Opportunity
-Role-Model/Influence
-Entry/return to Hobby
-Other

14 Likes

I would be absolutely love to do something of this sort! Im not very involved with fictional story telling, but i would by far truly love to write up a short essay if sorts about my tales in re entering the hobby (as it involves lots of detail) or just even elaborating on some of goals now as being back into the hobby.

Overall, I love the idea and would very much so enjoy this!

Me wanting to write something shouldnt surprise anyone either, as I love to do so :blush:

3 Likes

Just to specify, I meant a non-fiction story. Something meaningful from our Pokemon-related life experiences.

2 Likes

Well then, im 100 percent in board for sure! Would love to help pass the time in this healthy way!

1 Like

I’d be down.

1 Like

Homework! :open_mouth: :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

I’m down!

@fourthstartcg, you still got that recording of my Venomoth Story? XD

1 Like

I could write something :blush: I’ve been in the hobby since I was 7 years old so I definitely have various stories to tell.

Also English isn’t my native language so you could also judge my English skills :stuck_out_tongue:

I still go to work from Monday to Friday so I would have time to write during weekends, especially now that all the sports I follow are cancelled / postponed…

4 Likes

I don’t have the most amazing stories, but Pokemon is very important to me and I am always happy to share my experience

2 Likes

I’m interested!

For those interested in recording their story instead of writing, I would be happy to record this story telling virtually if anyone is interested. This was the whole point of my podcast, was to share each others stories with everyone here. With the virus going on, I will be able to work from home and be more flexible with scheduling times to record these stories with people.

They can be 5 minutes or as detailed and as long as you want and we can immortalize the stories on youtube. I was able to talk with some members of this community that I have pre existing relationships with, but there are so many here I do not know and have not met and would love to hear and/or read their pokemon stories as well!

8 Likes

@garyis2000 should we relate “Childhood memory” of Pokémon :grin:

You can sign me up if you want a extra story or two. I’m a pretty good writer. I’m working on my first book. Recording or written works. Send a pm if you want to set something up. I have about a $15000 collection of base set to ex era. Also new cards. I also have every rainbow rare. All first edition Shining cards. All the crystal cards. Every first edition holo except for base set sadly. So plenty of things to talk about or show off etc just let me know. No biggie but this does sound interesting

2 Likes

@stibs, Id also be highly interested in that as well. I enjoy both forms of story telling, as they can each hold significance in different respects with one being that I find myself to be more established through writing as opposed to speech (plus, my anxiety can get in the way of proper wording while speaking). But, im willing to chance that to share a quick story (permitting that I dont need a mic, as i dont have one currently haha).

2 Likes

@dizzle24 decent mics make it much better for quality purpose and for the listeners to not get a headache turning the volume up and down the whole time.

@stibs, yeah, i figured that might be an issue haha. I can try to figure something out, but i might have to be out for now. Still, i am interested regardless!

@butchdawg32 when are we rolling this all out btw?! My excitement continues to brew haha

Let’s take another 2-3 days to determine interest and then move forward from there. This might be good to implement at the beginning of next month so people have enough time to write/prepare. I’m glad so many people are interested! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

Physics teacher here (banned from school) and I can talk about the divorced drunk ex wife that won the house and pokemon cards and decided to sell them to me instead of burn them because she hates her “bastard husband”… That was a fun day lol

5 Likes