Uniqlo "Fat" Pikachu promo cards

I know about FA Pika (Battle Festa one) because I paid the full price…ekhm… but shhh, it’s a secret. I was crazy back then, you know, about month ago :rofl:

1 Like

Guys, have you seen what’s going on with all Mega Tokyo Pikachu stuff? o.O

www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-CENTER-Original-Mega-Charizard-Y-Type-Pikachu-Key-Chain-Mascot-Plush-/111546676176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f8b333d0
previous prize of this one ^ was 19.98… lol

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokmeon-Center-Mega-Charizard-Y-Type-Pikachu-Soft-Plush-Limited-/131377729629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e96b9105d

I’m like… really?
Sellers are going crazy…

lmfao thats crazy idk why any 1 would pay that much for those even pokevault should have them cheaper

I’m shedding some light on this situation.

The opening day of the Mega Pokemon Center in Tokyo, the limited edition plush (ONLY AVAILABLE AT THAT ONE LOCATION) sold out in less than a few hours. The reason being, there were a few resellers there that literally bought them all. One bought 300, another bought 600, just to shed some light on the matter. That being said, I know the center will probably restock, but the one who bought a ton has been waiting there daily to grab more :confused:

I find that a little bit rude and obnoxious. That being said, don’t pay for those inflated prices. There are quite a few on ebay for $50ish. Even though I’m receiving a LE and a regular from my friend, like, I am saying their value isn’t worth $150. They’ve been available for 2 days (they have had a restock already).

they have restocked quite a few times each day

Yes they have.

I just don’t understand how someone could be that greedy. Let’s say their Pokemon Center value is 2000 yen (I don’t know exact price, I’m just guessing). Few people bought ton of them and try to sell them for that ridiculous price that is 15 times higher than the retail price… I know it’s BUISNESS but it’s a shame imo.

u_u

I want one too! : (

The price increase is due to the plush being on the front page of reddit. It was advertised to a larger group, thus the price increases. Good old supply and demand.

2 Likes

I think the prices were a bit more than 2000 JPY.
I preordered my set of 2 (LE and Reg) for around $70.

Since I started working at Uniqlo I asked my manager was it possible to get a set of the cards and the shirts just to see what would happen.He laughed at me and said sure you can get them just go to japan LOL.

Resellers will invade any market where there’s money to be made. Being someone who also collects sneakers, I can tell you that Pokemon isn’t the only thing were resellers have flocked to in recent years. The worst part, imo, is that they only care about the money, and that’s why they don’t think about all the people who actually want these items -.-

OT: Never really liked Pikachu much lol. He’s only the mascot because he is Ash’s main Pokemon, but he’s also the most recognized Pokemon so it makes sense that the Poke Co would print as many Pikachu cards as they can.

Yeah, let’s talk about (almost) all Supreme clothes : D Second market prices of these are insane too.

But now I’m happy because I bought some Mega Tokyo Pikachu’s things for reasonable price :slight_smile:

And to make it harder for me to collect them all

1 Like

Are you sure about the source of that information? I know from firsthand experience that the Pokemon Center does limit the number of limited-edition items each customer can purchase, usually up to 10. I honestly doubt that a customer was able to buy 600 units all by himself/herself.

A guy on Virbank legitimately purchased 300 of them. So they aren’t doing a very thorough job limiting it if they are. Hahaha

Pikachu @ fat camp =

1 Like

Yeah, it is. They release a few solid shirts and other stuff, but most of it seems to be overhyped, imo. People have been going crazy over Supreme for a few years now lol.

Living in Japan seems like fun. Never really have any big releases for Pokemon over here, at least nothing that warrants going to go wait in line with tons of other people.

I think “limited” in that case means that they’re only available in new Pokemon Center in Tokyo, and that’s all.

I personally don’t have any problem with the resellers. After all, without them, how would the rest of the collecting world get its hands on these cool “for sale only in Japan” items :blush: