Unidentified sealed Jungle Theme Deck. Alpha? Rebox? Fake?

Hi guys. I recently bought this Jungle theme Deck, but I’m pretty sure you can see it’s not normal.
When I bought it my theory was that it was either fake or an alpha version of the theme deck we all know and love.

The pokemon card design is printed onto the box, and the “power reserve theme deck” segment is seperate from the box, I assume glued onto it.

I’ve spoken to a few people I know and nobody knows what it is. There was one theory that goes off a story that select distributors were allowed and given materials by WotC to rebox & seal theme decks that had been damaged during shipping.

If anyone has any idea what this is it would be a big help!

Image 1
Image 2Image 3

2 Likes

Real cards! It must be from some kind of gift box, not sure which one.

Perhaps this one? Found this picture.

Nope not from any of the gift boxes that were publicly released

Looks like a 3rd party job

I have seen a handful of that particular deck box, but none with power reverse sticker on it, much less sealed. The few I did have of the empty box were extras in a purchase from an employee years ago.

Neat item.

2 Likes

Ok cool thanks for the info. At least I know it’s a genuine item now. Did your boxes have any kind of stickers on them? And what condition were they in?

I am not saying it is 100& genuine just that I have seen some of the empty boxes before and telling you where I got them. The ones that I received had fine black marker on the bottom with the employees name and contents. It was handwritten. That was all that was on them.

1 Like

Ok so I’m 99% sure I guess. I just assumed an employee wouldn’t have sold you fake items lol.

Yeah I think it came from something, but not sure what. What I had was just extra boxes used to hold errors and different cards for shipments.