Understanding the value of Shadowless cards.

Hi all,

I recently purchased a binder of cards that had a lot of Shadowless cards and I am trying to better understand their value. I have commons, uncommons, non holo rares, trainers, and energies. From what I understand, there was a print run of 1st edition shadowless, 1 print run of shhadowless, then many print runs of unlimited, and finally 1 print run of base set 2000. The Shadowless cards are the same as the 1st edition cards minus the stamp.

So from a value standpoint they are both rare and have the original art. Its like they are a silver medal for collectors. Now when I look at pop reports on PSA I see that they are almost identical to unlimited. Does anyone have any idea why this is? With the influx of cards how do you think that will shift?

In terms of grading, what do you think makes sense to send in for the commons, uncommons, non holo rares, trainers, and energies?

Only send in the psa 10 candidates for non holos.

May I ask for your reasoning behind this?

A random psa 7 trainer isn’t going to be worth much at all

My question is, are you honestly going to send to PSA and wait?

Yeah I am not in a rush to flip Shadowless. I believe they are going to increase in value over time slowly. Unlimited I would be looking to flip quickly.

howdoistonk

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/before-you-post-a-thread-in-price-and-market-discussion/29138/1