Ultra Pro Eclipse Binder Damaging Cards?

So a couple months ago I bought an Ultra Pro Eclipse 9-Pocket PRO-Binder to start making a binder collection. I really like the look of the binder, and I had read a lot of good reviews from people in the hobby.

But I noticed today that the card in the top right pocket on the first page seems to be slightly bent at the top - this seems to line up with where the strap that keeps the binder closed applies pressure. However, it could be a coincidence and the card was already slightly bent to begin with. Does anyone else use these binders and has noticed anything like that?

I’ve never experienced this, but my worry about this exact scenario is why I don’t use binders with flimsy covers + strap (like the Eclipse). If you get a binder with a hard cover, the strap won’t be able to damage cards. The Ultra Pro premium 9-pocket is a much better choice than the Eclipse (not to mention other brands, which also produce quality, hard-cover binders).

I use the Dex Protection binders with a strap and I’ve never had any issues with mine.

1 Like

That’s because Dex Protection binders have hard covers. Ultra Pro Eclipse binders (which are what OP is referring to) have super flimsy, flexible covers that allow the strap to deform the cards.

1 Like

+1 on dex. Hard cover with soft padding and a strap keeps everything nice and safe

Thanks for the replies. Gonna keep them unstrapped for now and look at some other binders in the future

I don’t use the strap and I keep my binders laying flat. I use ultra pro pro-binders and the eclipse and they replaced the pro-binders.

1 Like