Trusted a New Seller -- Need Advice on Next Step

On the flip side of things/on a related note, how would a new seller be able start selling if no one trusted them? Everyone has to start somewhere and I’m sure there are people just trying to make an honest sale. Would you guys have any tips on how to get started? It’s kind of like how finding your first job is nowadays; employers look for someone with experience but you need the job to get said experience. Quite the catch 22.

1 Like

That is no guarantee. My last claim was against a long time seller.

2 Likes

Start small. There is less worry about a new seller of a $10 card than one selling $1000 card.

4 Likes

It’s only partially trust. It’s also a new seller may not understand protocol or even condition.
Some folks here mentioned starting off with lower priced items. Good idea.
Also try selling cheaper than average until you build up some nice feedback.
Also, undergrade a touch. Like if the card is mint, advertise it as nm/m. Buyers love being surprised on better than thought condition.

3 Likes

Buy some items to show that you can pay in a timely manner helps although doesnt go towards your “sellers” feedback but does show in your overall feedback score.
But to really start selling make your prices reasonable dont undercut yourself or a buyer thinks there is something wrong but dont overcharge or they think your just plain ripping them. Ship on time with tracking and the actual amount, dont try and profit from shipping. Determine the selling aspects before not after (mailers, tape, top loaders, weight, size etc)
ebay has been around forever, they have a pretty solid system in place and its the sellers that make llife hard for themselves sometimes. List, ship, get paid…easy. Although I dont agree with how much they profit it is however a business and there is no competition.

1 Like

whoa whoa whoa, list, get paid and then ship haha!

Let us get the horse in front of the cart.

That’s not how new eBay users function. If you are new, the process is;

List > Sell > Ship > wait for a million years to pass and PayPal decides to clear your money…

1 Like

oh right didnt know that

Yeah I started listing everything on US site because it sells 10 times faster a few months back now. Right now I still have like 900 Bucks pending -.-

Its like gonna be there forever. Since everything takes like 2 and half weeks to get to U.S Registered mail. They forget to leave feedback so its never gonna clear -.-

and what the hell is wrong with Auspost registered mail… Every single time I send it, they give me a tracking number that says unknown item… everyone on the planet who buys for me asks why it doesnt work -.- Its starting to drive me insane, If you pay for the tracking number then you should have a freaking tracking number… Unless you buy 65 dollar express post, then the trackiong simply won’t work for some reason on normal registered. I hate all things, and I need a solution to this problem.

Just wanted to give a quick update:

"Dear Devin,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $47.54 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller’s account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller’s account, which may include limitation of the seller’s account
privileges."

I hope the scammer learns his lesson. I hope he overdrafts on a purchase of pretzels, gets whacked with a $50 fee, and then chokes on those very same pretzels he overdrafts when he’s staring at his bank account and realizes where the $50 fee came from.

Then I hope he lives and changes for the better because I don’t actually want the guy to die.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS!

8 Likes

Glad it all worked out

1 Like

Don’t you kinda feel sorry for the chap?

Let’s see. He lied to me three to four times, took advantage of my kindness and understanding, stole my money, and then left.

No.

4 Likes

It’s hard to feel sorry for someone who does crap like that

You didn’t sense my facetiousness lol.