Troll&Toad sellings

Hey guys,

When troll and toad says “near mint” is that just from them looking at it since it’s not graded?

Does that mean it’s impossible to score a 10 if I buy the near mint card? Or do they say near mint incase it turns out not to be mint?

Their near mint is from 5 to 10 quality. Total crapshoot.

7 Likes

Russian roulette good luck :blush:

New cards I’d say pack fresh 8-10. WOTC or older EX era kind of cards probably 5-8. I just wouldn’t do it, but they do offer a refund if you’re not happy with the condition. I just don’t advise you to buy cards you can’t at least see pictures or scans.

Completely agree. I’ve had cards with destroyed corners, creases, and cards that were perfectly mint and came back as PSA 10s.

Not worth ordering from there if you’re looking to grade in my opinion. Much better for TCG players and binder set completion.

1 Like

Ok noted. Where should I look for ungraded cards besides eBay? I’ve been helped with looking forgraded stuff, but I kind of want to hunt for gems instead of paying 1000s for a graded card. I want to only collect 10s but want to grade them myself and sell whatever isn’t a 10 you know?

Return and refund or they can issue a partial refund if the card does not meet expectations. Most of what I have received from them is in the 7-9 range. Possible to get them but definitely not the place to shop for ungraded 10s.

Where should I shop for ungraded 10s?

It’s also hit and miss. Try ebay and hope for the best.

A lot of luck combined with opening product or heavily searching eBay. Most people that are part of the hobby and have an old, expensive and ungraded potential 10 would send it in to be graded.

Heard you can go to 7/11 :joy:

This is the question every collector asks themselves every day…

5 Likes

Dang, looks like Craig’s and eBay are the only places besides niche markets.

Welcome to the struggle.

roy, not sure if you understand what it takes to find vintage, WOTC psa 10-worthy raw holo cards on the market. to put it simply: it is hard. there is no special place where you can find them. mostly it is luck and diligent searching, hours upon hours of searching. the psa 10s are priced thus because of how difficult it is to actually attain it. I’d say you can only appreciate the beauty of this search once you’ve experienced it yourself. of course, you seem to be looking for this rush. good luck! I would say people selling large mint, binder collections would be where you can find some steals. individually, you won’t have very good odds, as any super mint copies would be sent in to be graded or sold at a premium.

2 Likes

I just returned a card because it said NM, but the entire cards edge had wear. I have been on the flip side and gotten a mint copy too though.

Why should I share my secrets of where to find gem mint ungraded cards…?

Jk.

It’s basically where everyone else has mentioned. Ebay, local, gambling big time with sites that use stock photos. :grin:

risk it for the biscuit

3 Likes