TAT

Is troll and toad a trustworthy place to purchase mint cards? I feel like i have heard lots of mixed opinions and i’m not sure if I want to pull the trigger.

Don’t expect psa 9 or 10 quality. Personally, their near mint quality is usually 7-8, with some 9/10 candidates (usually modern cards).

1 Like

Troll and Toad is a total crapshoot and the responsibility is entirely on you when you take the gamble with them. Don’t ever buy from them expecting a Mint condition card, or even a Near Mint condition card.

They are king for filling out binder sets but nothing else.

9 Likes

The times I have purchased from them I have never received anything that was actually “Mint” or “Near Mint”. Always got a card with scratches or dings. I used to use them a lot for Magic the Gathering. If you don’t care about condition and just want the card, then I’d say they’re a safe bet.

But if condition is one of your priorities, avoid at all costs.

2 Likes

their NM quality in my experience has always been 6-8 quality, like milhouse said, great for binders!

1 Like

They don’t advertise cards they sell as mint so you shouldn’t expect mint. Last time I bought from them they put any condition at NM max, wich would correspond to a 7. If you’re buying newer cards they can be better condition than that, but with older cards they can be slightly worse than NM. Troll and toad is alright for binder cards.

I used to get plenty of 9 and 10 worthy cards but recently it’s been 8s at BEST, and usually 6 or 7

2 Likes

I noticed something similar. A couple of years ago they used to have higher quality nm cards, but that changed when they started to have psa cards.

2 Likes

Well they list cards as “near mint” and I find most of those are truly near mint. Actual mint raw cards are hard to come by, at least from sites like these

1 Like

The problem people have with Troll and Toad has never been a problem with Troll and Toad. In the few instances that they provide a sub-NM card listed as NM they take care of it. Troll and Toad does not sell raw mint cards. They sell Near Mint or Played condition cards and clearly describe what those terms mean.

www.trollandtoad.com/productConditionGuide?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76u27cjc6wIV4oNaBR3JIQSYEAAYASAAEgINGPD_BwE

5 Likes