Troll and Toad EVO Merchant - Being Kicked Out

That is crappy business. They should have given a longer warning than just a month, and put a pause on incoming shipments of cards for a little while before making that announcement.

4 Likes

I’ll definitely be doing a video on it in the coming weeks, but I am waiting to hear back from them and have some further conversations. I have many people reaching out to sell their inventory to me but the problem is much of it is inventory that is falling under their new minimum price moving ahead ($0.69) and so isn’t stuff I would want to take. As I said earlier fulfilling cards for 10 cents each (20 cent list, 50% fee) never made any sense to me and would have only been profitable due to bundling.

As far as why/how they were so backlogged it was along the same lines as PSA’s backlog I would imagine. They were charging too little for too long for a limited capacity service and I heard of literal pallets of product being sent to them for raw fulfillment. Paying only 6(more recently) 10 cents per item to have them categorized, condition, and listed again I just can’t see how they were making any money.

I think what it comes down to is a bit of Pareto principle in action, they likely get ~80% of their net from ~20% or less of their sellers and culling off some or all of that 80% and raising the fees on the 20% that remain will allow for quicker service turnaround times and just a better experience for those involved. The fulfilling time is static whether the card is $0.20 or $20 just their cut jumps up a bunch as the average item value goes up.

5 Likes

really interesting thread. I wasnt aware of this service until this thread despite knowing about TnT. I’m curious if they would ever open this up again/consider taking on new sellers that only deal with “higher” value cards in the $3-$20+ range. I have a lot of “binder copy” vintage holos that come from fishing for mint copies and am too busy to even consider operating at the scale necessary to turn those over.

1 Like

Hey everyone, Any updates?

I’m so fed up of how incompetent they’ve been this entire time and how much ‘frozen’ inventory they have that I could have sold this throughout this month. Also, their offer was a spit in the face. Their offer was a total offer rather than a single card offer, like their advertised buy list. It’s been a real joke. Figured I’d ask

Have they kicked people off yet? I have not noticed any fewer merchants than usual. Im not a seller on there though

My offer for my active inventory was pretty fair to be honest. I received 70% of the value (after fees that is). They are still working on an offer for the cards which weren’t processed yet but I assume that this will take a while.

1 Like

I am seeing T&T now has the lowest price available for EVO merchants at 69 cents. This seems like a complete joke that they have to pay storage fees on these cards considering they will never sell at that price. Example below has T&T with 252 in stock, and probably growing weekly with bulk buylists coming in.

From what I said before, this is what people are now buying into.
EDIT: I would have been more than happy to have all my 252 copies of Magma Basin ‘sit’ there knowing now I’d take the L sending more in, than to have been kicked out cold turkey. 252 uncommons take up 1/32 of a 4 lane box. JN Cards will pay so much storage and not even know it, it’s sad.
Ketchum’s in the thread here, you’re better off asking them to buy the Magma Basin off you since, if iirc, storage/fees per month would add up as well, right?

EDIT2; This would have been the last card I’d consider sending into, but here we are …

Yup so what I am getting at is JN Cards and Ketch Most of Them Collectibles will be sitting on that inventory paying storage fees for probably 5 years before the actual troll and toad stock windles down.

Like you pointed out, they probably won’t get a chance to review these prices since they have so much in inventory. Probably best to bulk sale to troll and toad and reduce monthly storage fees

@gottaketchumall
Hey Dan, just a heads up - You have some cheap commons that T&T forced you to price at 69 cents, when T&T themselves have 100s in stock at 20-35 cents. Guessing you are paying storage fees on these for a very long time before they would ever sell. 2 examples below, bad examples as you only have 1 of them in stock, but you get the idea, I am sure there are others where you have a significant amount where storage fees add up. Maybe bulk some of these out to T&T and wipe your hands of them? Just a thought, not financial advise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw in Dan’s live that Troll and Toad evo is fully going away in February 2024.

I don’t think it will have any impact on single card prices, but worth noting.

2 Likes

I am kind of glad to see that this is the way they are moving. I stopped buying from T&T a long time ago because I was unsatisfied with pretty much every card I’ve purchased from them described as NM or M condition.

I know not everyone was guilty of doing this, but as some others have said, sometimes sellers would just use T&T to offload their worse-off condition cards that couldn’t make the cut being sold somewhere else as “Near Mint”. As a buyer, this was infuriating.

2 Likes

I appreciate you sharing this but man that is 101 on how to not communicate. :melting_face:

15 Likes

Idk I mean that’s how I talk on Xbox with the boys but not if I want something from someone.

4 Likes

If you’re talking about my aggression, you have no idea how mad I was when the delivery guy asked my parents to pay the import charges on the spot or it would be sent back. They thought this was a scam. If they didn’t call me, this shipment would have been destroyed,

If you’re talking about their delayed responses/circle ideology, then ya.

Edit: feel free to delete this thread

Thank you for the feedback, I hope you have a nice day

13 Likes

And I still haven’t received my cards back :upside_down_face:

/delete this thead/close

You may want to check the image again as your personal information is visible.

2 Likes

Ty, I flagged this thread to see if that helps having it closed/deleted. This thread died over half a year ago lol