Topsun PSA Pop Report

You’ll have to forgive me because I don’t think I’ve ever looked at the pop report before.

So I pulled up the 1995 Pokemon Japanese Topsun Pop report and I was surprised at how low the pop report is. A lot of the cards have a total pop count of less than 50 cards. I was just wondering if this report actually somewhat accurate and not very many people are getting these graded? Or could the pop report be way off? Or are Topsun cards really that rare? Or are people not bothering to grade them maybe because of the difficulty to get a decent grade?

I would appreciate it if someone had some insight on this and could fill me in. Thanks.

Topsun is cool and rare. But also niche. Not enough demand for grading and not enough supply.

They’re difficult to grade, they have centering problems and are glossy cards. With that said, it’s not too difficult for some of us to get a few graded high. I know I have the ability to get a complete psa 9+ blue and green set. No number would be more of a challenge, but I’ve abandoned that idea.

Ultimately if there was a big enough sustainable market I would put more effort into Psa grading them just to sell off the cards. However, there’s not enough support for them at this time. So, I choose to keep them in smaller storage, instead of a bunch of psa cases.

The holo stickers on the other hand do have enough demand, and I have a few of them.

If I remember right the no number set is impossible to complete. Certain cards can’t be found or weren’t printed without the number.

I’ve seen minimal interest in the graded non-holo cards as of yet, but one day there will be. The artwork is as classic as it gets :blush:

There’s 50 no number cards. So depends upon how you view complete. I have a complete 50 card no number set.

That makes sense. I haven’t found more than around that, (I think I have 45 or so of the no numbers completed so far. Though I’m interested in which ones I’m missing to make a complete set.

But why abandon the idea if there’s a set amount to complete (?) I believe a 9/10 set could be done with relative ease. It sounds like a fun goal;)

If I grade topsun I’d have to grade bandai, if I grade bandai, I’d have to grade meiji, if I grade meiji, I’m going to want to grade Nissui which is a conversation with PSA that I don’t want (nissui has so little documentation on it). It’s too many cards in PSA cases, and I’m happy with them in my binder. I still have my holo topsun set in PSA 10 though.

I’ll try and get the Topsun No Number list when I’m near my set again.

I understand and can relate:)

And also that would be great, thanks.

Thanks all for the input. I’ve never looked into Topsun before, I was assuming that it was more popular.

I realized I never updated this thread with the full no number list like I said I would.
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Caterpie
Rattata
Ekans
Arbok