TOPPS Pokemon Trading Card - Complete Collector Guide - Production Timeline - Commodity Code

Hi fellow passionate collector,

I have complete the Reverse Engineering of the “Commodity Code” used by TOPPS to identify each product ever made and have created a complete guide for the community member that would be interested in being able urderstand all the Box/Pack/UncutSheet variations out there: https://toppspokemontradingcards.com/CommodityCodeCollectorGuide/CommodityCodeCollectorGuide.htm

I have put a lot of time into this during the last 2 Years and the TOPPS community will now be really close to understand properly the production Timeline to identify properly all the Topps Pokemon Product Ever done.

I reached the point where I can’t complete the last part Alone and will need help from other passionate collector. The missing pieces of this puzzle are the “Commodity Code” on the Uncut Sheet which will allow to provide a complete Production Timeline of all the editions ever created:

• If you have a TOPPS UncutSheet it would mean the world to me if you could simply check and provide the “Commodity Code” on this sheet.
  • Otherwise if you have some Box&Pack not on this list please let me know.

The Knowledge Related to TOPPS required to be started from scatch with a “Cartesian doubt” Methodology to avoid using the wrong and misleading information and this is why I decided to it.
This is part of my “TOPPS Pokemon Trading Card Complete Collector Guide” which will provide all the information about the Set/Parallel/Editions/Variations/Error of cards ever produced by TOPPS to help collector undestand properly the history behind those cards, how those cards are manufactured and how to identify each specific Set/Parallel/Editions/Variations/Errorvariations.

The following section will be part of this guide and are curently only partially completed as I needed to validate how many editions there was before to continue further :

• TerminologyAndNomenclatureGuide
  • SetIdentificationGuide
  • EditionsAndParallelIdentificationGuide
  • VariationsAndErrorIdentificationGuide
  • BoxAndPackIdentificationGuide
  • UncutSheetCollectorGuide
  • ManufacturingCollectorGuide
  • CollectionValueEstimationGuide
  • HistoryOfTheTOPPSPokemonTradingCards

If you would like to join me in this advanture of have questions about specific topic feel free to hit me up as I will continue my research and investigation next winter.

I will also link picture of a few of the variations I have found to help you extend your horizon on TOPPS Cards Editions(Please Note that no mention of editions/PrintRun as the current knowledge about those is wrong and misleading) :

Have a wonderfull Summer.

Daniel Girard Bolduc

8 Likes