Tony's Collection - July 4th Update

Not a chance it was cut at Wizards. The cutting machines simply couldn’t be off by that amount due to their design. Small amounts…yes.
The cut is easy to get straight by anyone with half a brain;)
I’m sure others here can confirm.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand after seeing all these handcut cards is how could they mess up so badly? As Gary said, it’s quite easy to make a straight cut, so how can they have misaligned the blade to the point where the cut could literally not be any more off? It boggles my mind.

they have cut it like that on purpose

where da hell is the red dot… i really want a gem mint 10 of dis error now muhahahahhaa

1 Like

it’s above hydro pumps energy cost

1 Like

emergerd i see it

Picked up these Legendary Collection Charizards. I got the non-holo off ebay for $80 and the holo from dacardworld for $100. I thought it was a good deal considering the pop count for the psa 9 holo charizard is just 14. I have no idea what it normally goes for so if someone could fill me in that’d be great

A couple miscuts off ebay and the “heart in circle” ink dot error clefairy

Two blank error cards. The silver border blank is a 2009 worlds card

3 Likes

I’m so jealous of that snorlax!

yeah snorlax is in my top 10 so it was definitely worth the pick up

4th print Blastoise PSA 9!!!

I can’t believe I finally own a copy. In the last two years I’ve come across 7-8 4th print Blastoise cards on ebay. All were EX-NM condition with the exception of a PSA 10 copy that sold for $400 or so.

These cards are elusive as hell and a pain in the ass to find in mint condition. I can’t believe I was able to snatch this up.

4 Likes

I would have grabbed that 10 like hotcake. Wonder how much a psa 10 would be now. how much do 9’s go for?

I bought the 9 for $115. But people could probably ask for $300+

thats for sure - www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262575700833

The heart clefairy is cool. I rarely see them. The OC machamps are awesome too. Any chance you’ll grade them & they get 9 OCs?

yeah I saw that listing too. I don’t think he’ll get anywhere near $650. I offered him $250 but he never responded to my messages

I think at best they would get 8’s. But sometimes PSA won’t label it OC cards as OC. So who knows

Some Charizard pick ups. I seriously suggest checking out DAcardworld. They’re a bit behind with the pokemon market. I got the PSA 9 base unl. for $100. they’re going for $170 on ebay. I got the base set 2 for $70. A fair price but i’ve seen them fetch over $100.

Japanese Neo Discovery Hitmontop. Severely off centered. I don’t come accross too many off centered japanese cards. A very nice pickup for $30. Hopefully it grades well.

Next we have some severely miscut cards from Next Destinies.

The backs are upside and severely miscut. Upside back misprints are crazy rare. These are my first Nintendo era upside down back misprints so I was very excited when they arrived. I wish the Pokemon were cooler. I mean, Growlithe is definitely cool. The others…

Last one is my favorite. Misaligned holo fossil set Kabutops.

The seller simply had this listed as “Kabutops” on ebay. literally nothing else in the title. I just happened to be checking through new listings.

I only have two misaligned holos. The other is a victreebel from Jungle. Thanks for looking!

8 Likes

That Kabutops is incredible!

3 Likes

Nice. I really like that Kabutops. It’s one of my favorite Pokémon and it looks great with that misaligned holo.

Also, I’ve seen those other misprints before, but I’m still really confused how the fronts are regular, but the backs are completely wrong. The only way would be that the front and back are misaligned glued together in the factory, and then cut without a problem based on the front.

Either way, nice pickups.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I don’t have a full understanding of the production process so I don’t have an answer. My best guess is probably laughable. You might be right. I just don’t know.

dude thanks. Misaligned holos are incredibly hard to find. an aerodactyl is on ebay right but it’s grossly overpriced.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some misaligned Fossil holos before but your Kabutops is in league of its own, incredible! :grin:

2 Likes