Tomy Monster Collection figurine cards!

Hi All,

i’m trying to find information on this card, its my icon background as well and linked is a small thread of photos on the card in question.

imgur.com/gallery/EvDeTOc

all i’ve gathered is that they are/may be Tomy brand cards but I cannot find any information about how people got these cards and what exactly they are. i think maybe some kind of trumps cards?
searching CGSTJ resulted in finding these toys which maybe tells me they came with these toys? but i can’t find any information expressly telling me anything about these cards.

would much appreciate any info you may have and any copies of these cards you might have, i think they’re very cute

1 Like

I did some digging and found a listing that shows your card.

www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Pokemon-1998-Small-Tomy-Card-3-Set-BULBASAUR-IVYSAUR-VENUSAUR/382701279122?hash=item591ac61792:g:7PcAAOSw5-hcJ~Wz:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

External Media

2 Likes

Apparently they came included with single figures. I found this Gengar that shows it came with a Pikachu card.

External Media

These cards are smaller than normal Pokemon Cards measuring approx 5cm x 3.5cm.

1 Like

aha! good eye @pokenastic , now i just want to find a bit more about these toys and i’ll be content :blush:

edit:
went digging!
and i found someones great little website that quickly outlines all of Tomy’s pokemon figurines and collections.
the cards came as part of the Monster Collection series. first generation (and later second gen) pokemon figurine collection.
however it seems they only came with the individual figurines in the original release. others such as double and extra mini figs released as part of the Monster Collection (from clefable onwards
www.tomypokemonfigure.info/p/blog-page.html

i had no idea Tomy had been doing it for so long
Monster Collection on Bulbapedia: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Monster_Collection

2 Likes

Similar information, but there has been a re-release of the original 1997-1999 bandai figure / card set in stores this year.

So you can build the small card set cheaper currently if you look around. They are the same size as above ,but a little different

Side note - while researching, I decided to place a bid on that ebay listed I posted above because it was so cheap.

Well, It looks like newest addition to my collection is the Bulbasaur evolution line from Tomy Cards!