Tokyopokemon collection , just posting some cards

Just having fun.

24 Likes

I realize this is “just for fun” and now I’m giving a serious response

BUT if you did want to up your scan game down the road I recommend this article Comparing the depth of field of two types of flatbed scanner, a CIS and a CCD model. which does a good job explaining why scans of graded cards come out blurry on most basic consumer scanners

Regardless, its nice to see vending series cards get much more love today than they used to

4 Likes

Not selling right now. But would like to know scanning or pictures? Black background versus white ? Open scan cover for black background, dust on scans. resolution and all that stuff. For just display, i am fine with fastest technique. But if i ever sell, best way to sell.

sorry for so many questions.
Scan Cover up

Scan cover down

I’ve been looking for an article of this type for a long time. My scanner’s depth of field is short, so I was very curious about others. TY for sharing! =)

2 Likes

I prefer lid open. Ungraded cards work fine on the scanner you are using, but because there is a few milimeter gap between the card and the scanner glass, graded cards come out blurry on your scanner.

It’s not a big deal if your okay with it, I just know when I started scanning cards, the blur always confused and frustrated me

2 Likes

Yes, i does bother me if i am going to sell or buy with the graded blur. Right now just practicing and posting my cards.

Thanks for the tips. I notice everyone on ebay , IG etc are mostly taking pictures. Now the question is “glare” on graded or sleeved cards. LOL

2 Likes

Scan 4 at once . Open cover 150dpi (too much dust with open cover)

2 Likes

Todays scan

Closed cover 150dpi Hiding the dust.

4 Likes

So much dust on the cards, even in penny sleeves and card savers. uhhhh

4 Likes

Todays addition

2 Likes

Cracked it

These are funny

2 Likes

Todays addition

2 Likes

1 Like

Today (anyone know what would be the best way to show a collection Online?) Thank you

1 Like

This thread is a pretty great way to show your collection over time. Others like to use Google Drive/Photos. If you have a graded collection, PSA has a registry that you can use.

Was thinking if a collection can be converted to selling platform eventually? IDK . Have so many cards but never really organized anything or took pictures. LOL

Never really noticed the difference in Japanese and English.

2 Likes

Lol what about the difference between English and English? :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes