Tokyo Shops/Areas for in person shopping

Hey all - planning to go to Tokyo in a week or so. Planning to hit up the official Pokemon shops but would love to browse through some local shops as well. I was wondering if folks had any recommendations on shops or areas to go to for some card shopping.

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Definitely Akihabara. Not sure if there are deals anymore since I was there in 2019 but still a great place to walk around. Tons of cards, video games, anime merchandise, etc. I’m talking multi-story buildings just dedicated to this stuff. It’s amazing.

6 Likes

Haven’t been in a few years of course, but the Yellow submarine stores. There’s quite a few of them dotted around.

Also this little place I went to in Akihabara. Stacks of boxes full of cards to be sifted through. I picked up some not no rarities there out of the cabinet displays.

チェルモ秋葉原店

goo.gl/maps/WrvYZMZwE6y

3 Likes

Nakano Broadway used to be fun before the coronavirus outbreak. I used to go there a lot but I heard the pandemic situation really kicked its arse like a lot places these past couple years and it struggled to stay open. I don’t know if it’s as good as it was but it’s still probably worth checking out.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for these suggestions. Gonna bookmark these and see which ones are closest with the family itinerary.

Leave your family behind and go see what you want. What are they gonna do? Divorce you?

1 Like

I also advise you to have a look at youtube, there’s a lots of video on the topic (Vlog) so to have a first feel of what to expect when there and feedbacks from youtubers. Fun to watch.

1 Like