Tokyo Pokemon Stuff - What to buy?

Hello,

a freund of mine ist going to Tokyo next week and she is also going to visit the Pokemon Center. Any cool japanese Pokemon Stuff she should get? :blush:
Maybe there are good shops besides PKMN Center.

I know most of them are on ebay like the Pikachu Mario Box etc. But any other cool products which are only available in Japan?

They occasionally do very limited release kind of things (like at a Center’s release) but I would advise they just keep their eye out.

Another place they could look at is Mandarake. They have an online store but it would be easier to visit it in person if possible. I know other members on the forum have gone there as well as other shops so they’ll be more likely to help but as someone who’s going to Japan next year it would be interesting for me also to be able to archive any information people could give!

The items for on sale differ for each Pokémon Center. So it’s a good thing to look around.

I suggest taking the train to Yokohama (I think it took me 20min from Akiba to get there, but that’s 5 years ago). They have a Pokémon Center in the Queen Square shopping mall. The train station is right in the basement of the shopping mall and the Pokémon Center is on the 3rd floor. Not as big as the one in Tokyo, but when possible worth the visit to maybe pick up some exclusive items.

Plenty of shops in Akiba, but check other ‘off the grid’ Mandarake locations for Pokémon cards.

Check here. www.pokemoncenter-online.com/

Merchandise is listed from newest to oldest. Anything newer is most likely in stock at all the stores.

In 16-17 hours new merchandise for Lillie is going to be released as well.

I also want to comment on the items for sale being different. Very few items are different at each Pokemon Center, usually it is just stuff that one has sold out of before another. Probably not worth the 1.5 hours (one way) it would take you to get from Sunshine City (Mega Tokyo Location) to Landmark Tower (Yokohama Location).

Lots of stores in Akihabara. So many stores have opened up over the last year. Just walk around and you will find a few easily. Not every store carries Pokemon and many stores don’t carry much.

Sunshine City is pretty cool, it has some other Anime stuff as well.

If your friend goes to Yokohama, close to where the Pokemon Center is there is a big China Town.

Start selling, blood, plasma, and extra organs (do you really need 2 lungs and 2 kidneys?)

1 Like

Maybe they still have some Easter Pikachu cards in stock :grin:

Nope, sold out.

They might still have the new Pikachu promo’s though. 071/SM-P to 076/SM-P.

1 Like

the mystery eggs with them in?

Yerah, i guess. But maybe all sold out.