TMB Bilingual Exeggutor PSA 10 is live at auction

I thought this was quite cool when I saw it :slight_smile: Not a card you see every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not actually the TMB variant. You can tell by the tie in the bottom corner.

The one on the right has an extended tie indicating the TMB variant. The cert has been deactivated by PSA too. This photo was originally from this thread which provides a lot more info.

Would love to see a real one of these hit the market though! Saw a mislabelled Kamex Computer Error the other day too

15 Likes

Sorry I’m most likely missing something very obvious, but what do you mean by ‘an extended tie’ ?

It’s really subtle but Ooyama’s tie is slightly longer in the TMB variant (bottom):

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 2.56.09 AM
Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 2.56.30 AM

There are some better scans in this thread also

13 Likes

How would a deactivated cert go together with the ebay authenticity guarantee? I would guess that the buyer is protected, but it would be interesting to see.

Thanks for the replies! I was just thinking (from the scans itself) that it`s the non glossy variant

1 Like

I wonder if the bidders are aware that it’s actually the trainer magazine version. It certainly doesn’t seem like it. This will be interesting to watch.

I think most serious buyers are aware of the difference by now. But generally these mislabeled cards actually do sell for more.

Even a few years ago PWCC sold a mislabeled copy to a buyer who was well aware it wasn’t the real thing. Still sold for $3k

PSA deactivating the cert is a big step though, and not one we have seen yet

4 Likes

I sent a PM to probstein about it, we’ll see what happens

2 Likes

Looks like it was taken down! :+1:

1 Like

Do you think the interest in the mislabeled cert is that it makes easier to trick someone else in the future?

Not necessarily. To be honest the only reason Id reached out directly to pwcc back in the day was because I wanted to buy a mislabeled copy myself for $1000. So was curious if it was returned/they still had it when they told the buyer it wasnt legit.

I didnt think Id spend tens of thousands of $ to own a real copy, so I was happy to settle for a label only at a much lower cost.

I cant really justify it now with how easy its been to get psa or bgs to mislabel these, but at the time completing my Ooyama set with a mislabel seemed worth it to me at $1k and clearly to someone else at 3.5k

Looks like it was taken down after all

Would have been interesting to see a price anyhow, based on that last post I made about a mislabel sometimes being “worth” it to people.