Price check: 1999 Tropical Mega Battle Exeggutor

Tried the search, didn’t find much (apologies if I missed it). I have a tropical mega battle exeggutor from 1999. I was in the tournament; that’s how I got it! Finally got it graded, and it’s a Beckett nine. Price? All I could find was a listing on ebay over a year ago for 10k. I have someone interested. I want to know a good starting price to discuss and also how to transfer funds/card (we’re in diff states.)

4 Likes

Can you show us a photo of the card?

ibb.co/VNZ9MQ1

It is mislabelled.

1 Like

How do you figure that?

Is the card glossy? From the picture it’s hard to tell.
Glossy = Common variant
Non-Glossy = The actual rare one.

Either way it is mislabeled and you should contact BGS and ask them to fix up the label to accurately show what it actually is.

1 Like

Yeah it’s labelled as this card bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Exeggutor_(Southern_Islands_13)
It’s a shame, especially if it’s actually the non glossy version

As I said, I was there attending the tournament, which is where I got it. It’s hard to tell with the photo, but it’s non-glossy.

I know I’m super irritated. Got it back a few days ago.

2 Likes

After you get BGS to fix it up I’d take the gamble and send it to an auction house to sell it. It’s tough to give an accurate valuation on something that hasn’t sold for so long.

Any reccs on auction houses? Other than ebay

@raichuforyou wrote a guide about this card and can hopefully help

PWCC, Heritage

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-1999-tropical-mega-battle-bilingual-exeggutor/19325/1

Yeah this was enlightening, and congrats on being in the tournament OP, that’s awesome.

@variyen
Regarding authenticity, it looks like the real deal. It has front side edge chipping in the corners which is a common flaw on non glossy cards from that era. The label is unfortunate but that can be fixed if necessary.
Regarding prices, we had a member here offering up $18k for a PSA 10 not too long ago. So far the highest graded copies to surface have been PSA 8s. So congrats OP, you have the best known copy of this card.
$15k-25k is my best estimate for value but it’s really difficult to pin down because they don’t sell often. Even the regional TMB promo (1999 Tropical Wind) is an easy sale at $10k let alone the finalist promo (the Exeggutor). You should be negotiating towards the higher end of the $15k-25k.

4 Likes

Could anyone provide me with an update regarding the price? How much can I expect to pay for a PSA 5, for example?

What is it being offered to you at?

I wish I was offered any! I couldn’t find any on sale at the moment and neither any from the recent past.

I sold a PSA 6 for 10k four years ago.

I would expect that same price in today’s market.

1 Like