Time to buy yugioh?

Great list, one I agree with completely. Only other thing that comes to mind (although they are maybe lesser known), are some of the very desirable misprints, like the LOB-000 Tri-Horned Dragon with both reversed Secret Rare foil and Ultra Rare (double misprint). Those have increased in price quite a bit the last few years. Some recent sales I’ve seen were around around 750-1000 USD depending on condition. Also, a more recent misprint are the BLLR and COTD Prismatic misprints. I know at least one copy of each BLLR Ultra Rare exists with the Prismatic misprint (and the most I’ve seen of a single BLLR card is four thus far) - a few years ago they were going for 150-400 USD, but these days they are going for 400-2000 depending on which one it is. And COTD 1st editions prismatic misprints are a scarcer. I’ve seen about 15 thus far, half Super and half Ultra Rares, and only one card duplicated. The others are - from what has popped up thus far - one of a kind. I actually have one of these incoming for my Yu-Gi-Oh rarity collection, so more about that later.

And one other things that comes to mind are the solid silver and solid gold Blue-Eyes White Dragons for the 10th Anniversary. Just like the solid Gold Base Set Pikachu of the Pokémon 20th anniversary, they have triplet in price in just 3-4 years time, and given it’s a Blue-Eyes, I think it will only increase tbh.

Oh, and one more actually: the IGAS-JP000 Ten Thousand Dragon. The 10,000th OCG Yu-Gi-Oh card printed, and the only one with the 10,000 Secret Rare rarity. I’ve bought it for 385 USD in the first week of release. A month later it was already at 1k, and I think they’re at around 1.5-2.5k USD right now. I’ve also heard the pull rates are extremely low for these, but not sure how low exactly. Might be the same 1 in 12 boxes pull rates as English Ghost Rares. Actually one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh cards, since it’s so unique. I explain a bit about it here.

But apart from those, it’s indeed mostly the older BEWD and DMG right now. And PSA and BGS seems to increase in popularity as well, BGS actually more than PSA from what I’ve seen in some of the Yu-Gi-Oh communities I’m active in, but I haven’t paid to close attention to graded Yu-Gi-Oh card to be completely honest, since I’m mostly in misprint groups.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like