Thoughts on this card for grading?

Just wondering what grade you guys think this will get if i send it to PSA? I have attached a photo of the back as the front is virtually perfect. The back seems fairly solid to me but some slight edge wear on the right side. How does this impact grading?

ibb.co/HCZQSqH

It could easily grade a 10 if the front is like you describe: ‘virtually perfect’ although you’re most likely looking at a 9 because of the slight white chips on the sides . It doesn’t seem like you’re too familiar with grading cards though so there is no way of knowing if you missed anything on the front or something on the back that could only be seen at a different angle. Best of luck with it!

Thanks for the feedback ^

Back looks clean enough for a 10 at first glance! Make sure the front is well centered, and foil is devoid of scratches and you have a good shot. Make sure to tilt the card under different angles of light to catch scratches that may be normally hard to see.

Edit: now I see those tiny tiny nicks on the right edge. They seem small enough that 10 isn’t out of the range, but you’re likely looking at a psa 9

100% not gona get psa 10, there’s some obvious white nicks on those edges. PSA 9 if the front is perfect.

Hate to sound like a broken record but, without it being in hand there’s no way to give you an accurate answer. Honestly, it could be anywhere from a 6 to a 10. I understand that doesn’t help much.

5 Likes

Here’s the front guys :blush: Can’t really see much from the photo but will post more when the card actually arrives!

ibb.co/Bq0dbYS

@randox, Assuming crisp front and the slight edgewear, I place it at a PSA 9. ANy factory lines or light scratches on the front would knock it down to an 8 I think. I don’t think it has any shot of a 10 as it looks.

Thanks for the feedback :blush:

I haven’t seen anything in the pictures that would suggest a 10 is not possible. The nicks on the back are not severe enough to disqualify the card from being a 10.

2 Likes

I agree with Gary, it’s useless to predict a card grade from pictures, more so if they are bad ones. But from what I see, the card has some minor whitening all around the edges, PSA probably wont give it a 10.

The back has tons of white spots, its tougher to see with that background, but the right border is quite worn as is the top, top corners and left border has a decent size spot. This would not get a 10. Most people who take pictures of the back on a white/off white background know it hides the edgeware somewhat, notice how the shadow on the left side border really helps show off the white spot since it is a darker area. Put this card on a dark surface and it will look much less mint.

Yeah I don’t have the cards (still in transit). Once I get them I’ll have a better idea I guess. I didn’t take the photos.

Taking a closer look, I get what you’re saying about the top and right borders, though I can’t really tell for sure from that picture. It’s possible a darker surface would help–the top-to-middle section of the right border does look like it might have some chipping. All I saw initially was the white spot on the left border and the top corners, and those alone wouldn’t make it impossible to get a 10.

What if we all told you it would get a 4? Haha

I wouldn’t grade it haha . I’m hoping it’s an 8/9

Somewhere between 9/10. Its going to be up to the grader you get… I got worst 10’s and better 9’s… like everybody, i guess.