Thoughts on Jumbo Collecting?

Hi all,

Whenever I happen to look at my collection, the biggest eye sore I have is looking at my jumbos. I can never seem to care enough about them and no special cases of any sort have allowed me to keep them in a way that I find presentable. When it comes to my main collection, there is a binder, thematic with my collection, and holds my cards perfectly. Can’t say the same for Jumbo.

I’m wondering if I need to let go of the idea of collecting Jumbo variations as they end up just being placed in a corner in a drawer, wrapped carefully, or in a top-loader that seems too cumbersome.

What do you guys think about collecting them? How have you made peace with them? Or have you decided to forego them entirely?

1 Like

Many of the coro coro/vintage japanese jumbos have unique art so I am all in favor of it.

Plus they don’t break the bank.

3 Likes

I only have one jumbo from Detective Pikachu Casefile Charizard GX. I think it’s pretty cool makes me want to buy more GX box promos. I bagged and boarded mine like you would do a comic. May not be worth much but looking forward to collecting more !

i only have obe so cant really say. i put it in a frame on the wall in my atwp daughters room. looks really classy.

1 Like

I like em. Probably up to a few dozen unique now I just keep one of every new one I get my hands on from new product. As with you I don’t have a great way to display them, mine are just all stacked in soft sleeves flat on their back so they don’t warp.

2 Likes

I have all the old Japanese Jumbo/Postcard cards up through like 2003 or so. They’re probably my favorite part of my collection right now. I have them hung on the wall along with comics and vinyl and they look fantastic! As someone said earlier, I love the art on these and being able to see them on a daily basis when I read in our library has been really cool.

2 Likes

Costly but they do look better graded.
Value wise, there’s few diamonds in there but with some unique artwork, they are a fun collectible.

4 Likes

Hadn’t thought of casing them as I didn’t realize there was an option to do that. Do both BGS & PSA grade/case them?

1 Like

Not sure about BGS…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTF3N_M7cw

1 Like

Unfortunate about the New Year Present. But those cases look great with the regular jumbos. Thanks Gary!

1 Like

I know PSA grades and cases them, they are actually pretty hard to grade high in general just because they dont tend to come out of w/e package nicely. I was thinking about casing some of the Pokemon and artwork I like.

1 Like

I love mine

2 Likes

sausage meat. i slap out the modern ones i get as freebies.

I really dislike PSA’s jumbo card cases, I think they’re really ugly. I keep mine in top loaders and have them stuck at the bottom of a drawer, but if I were to want to have them on display I’d much sooner frame them than get them graded.

1 Like

I think all PSA cases are ugly, but I think I’m in the minority on that in this forum.

I have a perfect binder for them. It’s what they normally use in restaurants overhere to display their menu. Size A5 so nice to go through. Mine has 20 plastic pages which hold 2 (back to back) Jumbo cards.

1 Like

This. If the art is unique I’m on board. Let’s not forget Japanese pencil boards (which are roughly the same size)

Do you have a link for this? Would be interested in getting one. I have a couple of non-TCG flats that are huge (Like Jumbo Stickers) that I would love to use this in.

Good call! I used those as a kid for all my LEGO instruction manuals.
They’re very durable since they were designed to be handled a lot.

You’ll find a bunch here brother:

emenucovers.com/index.php/collections.html?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqsy704C-4gIVhbxkCh05dAB9EAAYASAAEgLxZ_D_BwE

1 Like