Thoughts on an complete Jungle Master Set

Not for Jungle, just Fossil and Base 4th.

1 Like

I believe the copyright date is only present on fossil red logo’s. I don’t think they had it on jungle. There is only one pack opening I could find on Youtube, and its a guy who pulls a holo venomoth. He doesn’t show any of the time dates except for a small second between 1:31-1:32 where he barely holds it up to the camera and you can see it just shows 1999. Unless there was another print run smaller that does show the extra time stamp, I believe its fossil/base set exclusive of the 3 sets.

How different is the US vs the Australian card stock? The difference between English and Japanese cards are noticeable when you have them in hand and hold them in the light (Japanese is more shine through than English, which is also how you distinguish the English Shadowless unlimited Base Pikachu from the Japanese CD promo release in comparison to a regular unlimited Shadowless English Base Pilachu). Is the difference between English and Australian cards somewhat the same? Because if it is, I’ll have to look for an Australian Jungle Pikachu (and perhaps also Base) :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

In this case id definitely suggest getting one, however I wouldn’t know at all how to pin point that specific pikachu. Id almost just pick up red logo packs and hopefully one of them contains a pikachu. Supposedly the gloss on the back is enough to pinpoint one vs another, but in my situation with having them in binders, it isn’t worth it enough to buy booster boxes to complete the set haha.

1 Like

I’m upset about never getting a deal complete for that card - also that person said they’ve seen many more listed. Guess we’ll never know

1 Like

I honestly think the card stock difference is pretty noticeable. The Red Logo Jungle cards feel more slick and are thicker than the standard US cards. It’s definitely more than just looking shiny.

However, it would be incredibly difficult to collect a complete set without opening a booster box IMO.

1999-2000 JUNGLE CARDS DO NOT EXIST. PERIOD. xD There are NO Jungle cards with these dates!

1 Like

I think a good master set would be all the set I have listed above, one australian red logo booster box, 1 of each pack art, and then call it quits, I am not getting the test packet blister with joleton as thats what like $20,000?!

Ok, you’ve both convinced me, I’ve added it to my checklist. :blush:

One more question: Is the Australian Pikachu PokéTour1999 printed in this same stock, and what about the Pikachu World Collection 2000? Both were exclusively released in Australia, so I’m wondering if they are printed in that same card stock. I personally don’t feel nor see a difference between a regular unlimited edition Pikachu, front nor back nor thickness of the cards.

On a more general note: Is anyone here on the forum from Australia who have the Australian printed Jungle Pikachu for trade/sale? I kinda feel it’s a waste to buy the Red Logo packs and open them in the hope for a Pikachu. Not just a waste in terms of the sealed packs being a bit expensive when I’m only after one card (also because Australia is literally on the other side of the world compared to The Netherlands, and the shipping is more expensive than the packs themselves), but also opening them in the first place while they are amazing collector pieces for sealed pack collectors.

I’ll start messaging some sellers on ebay.com.au who are selling Jungle Pikachus to ask where they got it from.

Greetz,
Quuador

poketour pikachu is printed on regular card stock, my brother opened a red logo jungle booster box so he probably pulled a few pikachus, will have a look when i get time

1 Like

I thought so.

And thanks. If he opened an entire box he sure should have at least a few Pikachus I guess, considering there are only 64 cards in this set. (Then again, I once opened two boxes, had from some commons eight copies, but in the end I was still missing one common - luckily not the Pikachu I was mainly after - so who know). Keep me posted, thanks. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

EDIT: @acebren No need for the Australian Jungle Pikachu anymore, I’ve been able to buy it from someone on ebay. :blush:

1 Like