The PWCC Megathread

I’m going to say they will end at the same price. =). The current bid is already at what they usually go for on both of them so it might push people away from bidding further. Both are about the same right now in market value so they will for certain end close, that I’m sure of.

2 Likes

It almost ended at the same price, the second to the last bidder snipe bid way to early. Still around the same price range. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah that’s very surprising to me as well. Maybe just don’t ever look at the back lol.

1 Like

The PSA 10 shadowless Chansey ended at $2175. Did anyone expect it to go higher?

2 Likes

I did. I thought about $3k or so, but I’m not really surprised. At least Blastoise earned close to that.

2 Likes

PWCC had a Coro Coro Mew PSA 10 going on auction. Pretty sure the thing was shill bid to hell and back. Been looking for one but not looking to buy from someone who is a possible shill bid.

LINK

1 Like

Auctions did pretty well overall, honestly better than I expected!

2 Likes

Steal of the night was the Masaki set. I think you would agree that was a very good price for all 5 cards at once. I lost track of time and found myself angrily staring at it.

The PSA 9 unlimited zards and all those shadowless gyarados didn’t underperform like many thought. They may have been fair price, but it’s not like they were bargains.

I agree. There weren’t any steals on popular cards last night that’s for sure.

1 Like

I thought $305 for 1st edition base Zapdos and $360 for Raichu were pretty low prices, but I thought 1st edition base holos generally did alright.

3 Likes

Right? A few days ago I put $300 on Zapdos not fully expecting to win it, I was frankly kind of scared that I almost did. I would have been happy for getting it for such a steal, but…

1 Like

Had a PSA 10 GS Umbreon i was selling with them and it got shilled 4 auctions in a row. Someone really did not want it to sell low. Had to contact brent to have him return the card.

1 Like

This is the part I don’t get, why are people so bent on bidding up a card they don’t intend to buy? What’s in it for them? They’ll end up getting banned by PWCC and the people who genuinely were ready to buy the card miss out.

1 Like

A good chunk of the english gold star cards are driven by social media. They are essentially protecting their purchase price. There is nothing wrong with this IF they actually pay, as that is simply buying a card. However them not paying is shilling. No other category right now in the hobby has more shills than english gold stars.

2 Likes

Ouch, that really sucks :confused: I hate when people shill auctions and cause more headaches than needed.

1 Like

The reason can be two reasons. One: that’s the owners card and since it’s a public auction, anyone can bid (even themselves). It’s easy enough to just make an alternate account and drive the sale up. Whether that account gets banned or not it doesn’t matter to them when they profit at the price they want. Two: it’s some butt head who has nothing better to do than to mess and tamper up sales. This tends to happen on bigger public auctions that everyone finds out about and since it’s PWCC it’s easy to find out and cast a random bid with no intention of paying either to just be a butt head or to make the value of that card seem like it’s worth more so they can sell their own at the higher ending price after the auction.

1 Like

I won some auctions while I was sleeping (French collector here xD).
But I am pretty sure that there were people who bid just enough to reach my max bid.
How can they know my max bid ? It’s frustrating because I would probably made better deals.

2 Likes

I was expecting to make a quick $200 and ended up making $500+. It was a great auction!

2 Likes

did you put an extra bid in while you were already leading? you are able to bid the minimum increment and check the bid history to bid the person up to their max that way.

try not to put another bid in until you have been out bid, or if possible snipe instead

1 Like

I didn’t know… I will pay attention to this next time, thanks for the advice!

2 Likes