The PWCC Megathread

A lot of people are blaming PWCC which I find funny. Yes, they should include “Base Set” in the title. Yes, they should separate identical items. Yes the items should be categorized correctly. The real reason for the prices being lower than you might expect is the sheer number of cards being sent to them. You can’t expect the market to keep absorbing this many cards at higher and higher prices each time. It’s the people creating the abundant supply that are most to blame if you want to point fingers. And I bet some of them don’t care one bit. Why do they send their cards to PWCC? Because it’s an almost anonymous way to sell off a bunch of cards at once and you get good exposure. As Gary put it, they are the whore of the collectible world.

2 Likes

Good points, well made! Food for thought…

2 Likes

Did I say that? Pretty insightful;) Its like she’ll do anything but shower between tricks lol. Same as PWCC

4 Likes

The last well known person here to auction with PWCC was @gemmintpokemon, right? What was his opinion of how the auctions turned out? Was he satisfied with his returns? What did his base set first ed Charizard actually sell for?

1 Like

The auction went for just under $24,000. There has been a $30,000 sale since. In light of not self advertising, I will say most of these questions will be answered. I’m still thinking through the process, and wanted to wait until I was paid. In short, PWCC is great for high-value cards or cards that may end in a bidding war. Unless you are incredibly lazy, need to hide your username or have some other need for a barrier between you and the buyer… PWCC is not for any “lower value” cards. Their fee structure could end up being 20 to 40% in fees for these cards. I don’t like the term lower value since some of my favorite cards are in this category. I am to putting together a more transparent answer.

4 Likes

In my experience with watching their auctions usually it’s always their higher value cards that look like they take a beating. I mean the last two psa 9 1st ed zard sold for over $1000 more from a private seller vs PWCC the other day. So what is the fee they charge for listing your items?

1 Like

@chris350dx

Individual
Graded Cards
$0 – $50 $5 + 10%
$50 – $200 15%
$200 – $1,000 13.5%
$1,000 – $2,000 12%
$2,000 – $3,000 11%
$3,000 – $4,000 10%
$4,000 – $5,000 9%
$5,000 – up 8%

www.pwccmarketplace.com/storage/consignment-forms/PWCC_ConsignmentForm_Prf11.pdf

4 Likes

Damn it @gottaketchumall , I was just in the process of screenshotting that page for him. :grin:
IMO, 8% is a lot for high value items but I also understand there’s less risk shipping to PWCC than some random ebayer or online person you don’t know.
I feel like their fees are quite reasonable. If I sell something on ebay, I’m charged close to 15% anyway… It doesn’t make sense selling sub $50 cards though. Whoever sent them hundreds of Japanese graded cards is going to take so much of a beating. I wonder if they’ll even net $10 per card.

I know it doesn’t make sense to a lot of you people, but remember there are collectors selling to T&T or other big dealers for like 50% so trust me they’re happy even when their items underperform and they end up getting 70-80% value consigning at pwcc.

1 Like

There is probably lazy people who send a shipment to pwcc to sell their cards, but there is also people who cant sell on ebay. Young 17-18 year old myself got a perma ban from ebay for shipping too slowly or being a “below standard seller” and what did i care? I was living life being a dumb teenager. Fast foward a couple years and im still perma banned even after extensive pleading. Only way to sell on ebay is through a consignment, but even given that i don’t cosign with PWCC anymore. My last submission under performed so terribly. My psa 1st ed charizard sold for $760 when they were still selling for like 1200 and then a friend of mine sells his 8 the following day for 800. Last time i cosign with them. And in my defense i sent all those cards like a month and a half prior when they were getting like market value.

LOL

1 Like

Nice, smash brothers huh, thats awesome!

2 Likes

Have a couple cards consigned to PWCC this month and thought I’d give some of you some info that I don’t think many are aware of: today, a couple days before the July auctions are going to start, I received an email that allows me to change my listings’ titles. I had to suggest two edits as they didn’t put the keyword ‘Crystal’ in one of the titles or ‘Gold Star’ in another. Not sure how long this feature has been available, but might be good info for those of you worried they’ll title your PSA 10 Shadowless set ‘1999 Pokemon Game Hi-Grd Shadowless Set Pikachu,Machamp’ or something like that lol.

5 Likes

Yes hype. Brent took a lot of heat (especially from me) and offers that now. A further suggestion is GET RID OF PWCC IN THE TITLE and put in a search word.
He’s still got a ways to go though…

1 Like

Make a new acc…

1 Like

It looks like a mislabeled Raichu slipped through (link). Didn’t this happen before? Is it the same card?

1 Like

5 Psa 8 shadowless charizards LOL

1 Like

Yes, same card

www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/1615520

2 Likes

Strange, I bet the buyer will cancel again after realizing it’s not English.

2 Likes

Pretty scummy of the seller.

1 Like

Great opportunity to buy one cheap! I got mine for 560 last month and it’s pretty sharp. Strong 8!

4 Likes