The Print Runs of First Edition and Unlimited Japanese Sets

Hello everyone. Recently I’ve been buying some Japanese cards, some first edition, and some unlimited. I assumed that the first edition cards would naturally be more valuable, but I can’t find much information on the print runs of Japanese sets, other than this vague sentence on Bulbapedia’s “First Edition” page:

*Quite a lot of Japanese sets have smaller unlimited print runs than 1st edition print runs, making unlimited cards often harder to find.*I can’t really find any more information. Is there some sort of resource that details how much 1st Edition and Unlimited was printed for certain Japanese sets? Does anyone have some more specific information on which Japanese sets fall under this category? I’m mostly looking for info on the ADV era/EX era expansions, as I’m collecting cards from Rulers of the Heavens and Miracle of the Desert currently.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, print numbers are rarely known for Pokémon, especially so for sets.

This post of mine from 2020 should get you started. :blush:

Those have a roughly equal distribution of 1st vs unlimited edition cards from my experience.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Thank you so much! This is exactly the kind of information that I was looking for.

1 Like

japanese sets look so much cooler than english imo - especially base…something about the characters

1 Like