The Great “Pokemon Hidden In Card Art” Thread

I’m digitising my Shared Artwork collection and part of that process involves me going through each of the cards and noting down what Pokémon appear in each artwork.

I decided to overlay the Southern Islands artwork over some of the cards to see if I was missing anything obscure. Turns out I was, but you’d probably have to be an incredibly hardcore collector to even care about these…

Along with Dodrio and Weepinbell, Ledyba’s foot and Butterfree’s wing make a very small appearance on the Jigglypuff card:

On Lapras the Dratini is there in plain view, but part of Magikarp’s fin appears as a tiny white dot in the top left corner:

I had thought Exeggutor and Vileplume were the only two cards in the set which didn’t feature other Pokémon, but uh…

The tip of one of the prongs on Slowking’s crown appears in the bottom right corner of Exeggutor:

Finally - and this one is probably a bit harder to see, I had to add a different filter as the holofoil complicated things - there’s a tiny purple dot next to the top left corner which touches the evolution box on Vileplume, that’s part of Venonat:

I can’t imagine anyone ever thinking “OMG I need to add one of these to my Venonat collection!!!” but hey, technically it’s there.

Doesn’t get much more hidden than this I don’t think!

12 Likes