The Giant Pokemon Merch/Plushie/Toy/Etc Thread!

My printer :pinched_fingers:

11 Likes

Anyone know the origin of these post cards? Loving the art:

3 Likes

Love them as well, and i think i maybe able to help with these. In many searches that ive done, ive noticed they tend to come up in japan with statements of it being bonus items when buying/ordering the old gold/silver/crystal games. Judging by the blue label you have there its the crystal post card pack.

2 Likes

Yet again we have another mini campaign offered in japan here, this time revolving around squishy egg style plush. Heres a link if anyones interested:

www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?main_page=product_list&sort=new&keyword=むぎゅっと&pc_top=banner

Judging by this move, ive noticed a lot of companies in recent days have been making this style of plush to rival the very popular “squishmellow” branding which ive seen around in stores. Sanrio (company which makes Hello Kitty products) just did a line of these recently as well, so its no realy surprise to see pokemon here moving in the same direction. Cool though nonetheless!

Happy Bidoof day!

Pokemon center just added a bunch of cool new Bidoof merch included plushies, shirts, and playmats. Heres a link to the recently added products if interested!

www.pokemoncenter.com/category/new-releases

2 Likes

Lillie’s Poke Doll is worn out because because she wasn’t a trainer in OG SuMo and used it a lot.

I do love both of the cards and the Poke Doll plushes, especially the Banpresto one! I keep seeing them pop up on Buyee and have debated picking one up.

Can we really have a giant plushie mega thread without mentioning the 71in Furret Plush?

1 Like

Lmao i still want to pick up the giant furret so bad, but theres other giant ones that take priority over those sadly. The damn nyc pokemon center/tomy giant entei, raikou, suicune and lugia are a dream for me i hope one day comes true

www.pokemoncenter.com/category/new-releases

The pokemon gardening campaign has arrived!

Similar to pokemon center japan, the pokemon center US store just added a similar gardening line which seems to feature more exclusive items for this side of the world. Its up now if anyone wants to take a look! :blush:

1 Like

Came across these 1997 Banpresto Art Boards today…in love with the artwork:

9 Likes

Never knew these existed, but wow are they incredible. It feels like I’m seeing an unseen scenes from the original anime, almost puts a tear in my eye.
That said, I would like to add that the picture I put in the quote actually references a lost PokeDex entry that Gyarados often eat Goldeen (in fact, the Goldeen usually just swim into the Gyarados’s mouth). “Did You Know? Gaming” on YouTube recently found an old Japanese strategy guide (from around '97 I think?) that comes straight from the Rapidash’s mouth at GameFreak, and it contains lots of information previously unknown to the masses, much of this info being PokeDex entries with info never unveiled in the in-game PokeDexes. Would highly recommend people check it out on YouTube.

4 Likes

Havent really added many updates here in hopes that it would grow naturally, but havent seen much activity. Guess the merch world is still just a blip in the collecting matrix as compared to cards, but really have loved seeing a lot of everyones merch collections here.

In other news though, pokemon center japan released some new campaigns in the past few weeks, with the latest being one revolving around a popular manga artist and some short comic depictions of some pokemon. Its up live for preorders now and shall be released Aug 9th on their website.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I have been trying to buy more plushies but we’ve been having a hard time finding stock and legitimate product of the certain Pokemon we’ve been after. I’m definitely going to post here once we’ve completed our search!

1 Like

Have been building out my Pokemon Merch inventory lately. Lots of unique vintage Japanese items…here a couple gems:

9 Likes

2 Likes

Love this thread! Here are some of my recent plushie pick ups:

6 Likes

Aye awesome! I understand the struggle as a lot of items have been hard to come by in recent days, but if you ever need help or a source of info to getcha some do feel free to reach out to me and i can maybe help locate em for you and authenticate!

1 Like

These are great! I actually spotted some of these the other day on mercari japan and ive been meaning to seek them out a bit further. Theres 2 full aspect trees they made aside from these planter style ones, and one of em is gen 2 based so its right up my alley :blush:

The gen 3 hater in me has high urges to comment on my distaste for the regis (as you already know of lmaoo), but the plushie lover in me shall prevent that. :wink:

I gotta say though, those actually look amazing. The damn sitting cuties line is just priceless and they did a killer job with em there.

1 Like

I appreciate the plushie lover in you haha. Yeah siting cuties really nails it! I’m looking forward to more.

1 Like

Much appreciated!!

1 Like