日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Japanes promos are so much better than the promos we get in English

4 Likes

hello guys!

just passed to say hi, i’m nick, a fellow japanese pokemon collector.

What are your thoughts on posting here some interesting mail from time to time? i’m sure most of you will have some fascinating stuff to show off :grin:

have a great day!

3 Likes

Sure, go ahead!

1 Like

I cant wait. I hope this is true :star_struck:

1 Like

Are we allowed to share our japanese cards that we have got recently in here or do we do that somewhere else? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@pokemoncollector , I don’t know what the consensus is on this but I would guess that posting Japanese cards that you recently purchased would be more welcome in either the “What Is Your Most Recent Purchase?” thread found here. Or you can create a collection thread in “Collection Additions” found here where you can showcase everything you are collecting. Hope this answered your question!

6 Likes

Dont post them here. Lets not stonk japanese stuff just yet ;(

4 Likes

Yes. Or you can share them in the collection section, or the recent purchase thread.

4 Likes

Dont listen to smpratte! It’s not like this is his forum or anything

10 Likes

I have had a sudden spike in interest on a 2010 illustration contest card… any ideas why? Did someone make a video on those cards recently? I’m thinking about taking it off the market now, ha.

1 Like

Which one are you referring to?

1 Like

The Zoroarks - unless the interest has been spurred by a sale or promotion of one of the other contest cards, and I’m just getting some residual interest on this one.

1 Like

I’ve been watching some Yahoo J auctions on like carddass cards and there has been some crazy interest recently where as a week or two ago no interest whatsoever. Maybe its time for some carddass spikes

1 Like

Smpratte made a video comparing the 2010 design cards to base Charizard.

I collect these too!!! I don’t think interest has increased that much compared to other similar cards (academy arts, mid tier Japanese promos).

1 Like

As someone that’s been keeping an eye on auctions for these design cards, prices have definitely gone up quite a bit — I imagine that’s because of some increase in general interest. These cards were definitely undervalued relative to their rarity for a long time.

2 Likes

Noooooo I have to buy 3 of them :sob:

1 Like

Cheers for the responses - just searched completed listings, though, and someone sold a set (not sure if it was complete and some were PSA 9) for £16k at auction, so that probably has something to do with it!

1 Like

Most recent eBay sales: PSA 10 went for over £3k, PSA 9 went for something like £1.8k. Even raw cards have gone for over £1k recently, with one even going for £2.5k raw but I’m not sure if there was a deal for that off eBay.

These were like sub £500 cards early last year. So… yeah they’ve gone up in price. Even the Japanese marketplace seems to have caught up on prices for these niche cards.

1 Like

Ah was this recent? Could you share the link? :blush:

1 Like

They were undervalued due to many extra copies being available and a relatively high pop report compared to similar cards (2009 design cards). I needed to be comfortable with the history of the cards before buying at current prices. I hope people who are buying these cards are doing their research. The rarity of these cards is not black and white.

1 Like