The Giant Floppy Taco Rudy Thread

shouldve bought 1,000 crates of Battle Styles

4 Likes

With $3 million I would spend my money very differently. And yes as others have mentioned selling sealed is miserable experience. I donā€™t buy sealed anymore after dealing with so much stress in 2020.

6 Likes

yeah, I agree there is better ways to spend 3M on pokemon. But there may not be an easier way to spend 3M on pokemon in a fairly safe fashion. At distributor prices it is unlikely that they will go below that. Rudy has a lot to do and he does not have the time to study vintage trends to buy other stuff that requires lots of thought

5 Likes

We have another one, folks!

He is pretty shameless with the clickbait these days

Most YouTubers are so that the algorithm works in their favor :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah but rudy used to make random videos with like 1 word titles and it was actually informative. Imo the youtube system is beyond broken

1 Like

Did you watch this most recent video? It felt pretty informative to me.

Agreed. It has and will continue to be broken until YouTube fixes their algorithm.

I havent watched it yet. Just titles like that are pretty annoying and i generally dont watch his pokemon vids

Thatā€™s fair. His personality/video style is definitely not for everyone.

I watch a lot of his videos. Just not pokemon. I follow pokemon enough to know whats going on but i dont follow any other tcgs so i like to hear how theyre doing

2 Likes

As @needszeebs said earlier in this thread, if you are going to be buying booster boxes to hold, Japanese is the way to go. Not saying you canā€™t make money on English modern, but there is just too much risk involved for my taste. Not to mention that the consumer base is far more irritating.

9 Likes

My main attraction to his Pokemon videos is just to hear a different perspective from the larger Pokemon crowd, mainly. Obviously, Magic has been his ā€˜thingā€™ for the longest time, but itā€™s been interesting to see and hear his shift in perspective towards Pokemon over the past couple months now.

2 Likes

I agree. Hearing an outsiderā€™s perspective is helpful, especially because he has privileged information from distributors.

2 Likes

This is by far the most unattractive thing about selling modern booster boxes.

3 Likes

Whenever I think about buying a few cases of English modern, I end up just buying more Japanese sealed lol

1 Like

I have some modern boxes Iā€™m about to sell and Iā€™m just mentally preparing myself for at least one, ā€œtHis ShRiNk WrAp LoOkS lOsE, iTs ReSeAlEd!!!ā€, buyer.

8 Likes

1 Like

I feel like this is the only relevant post in the thread - someone with actual experience with the community this Rudy is/was from.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused by this comment.

Iā€™ve played MTG on and off since 2001. Not every MTG player views Rudy the same way. Believe it or not, I - and many others who watch Rudyā€™s content - are part of the MTG community too.

1 Like