The Charizard Collection (Best collection in Oz?) (UPDATED)

THE.POKEMONSTER - CHARIZARD COLLECTION
I thought this collection deserved a thread of its own. Charizard is my favorite Pokemon, Who doesn’t love a fire breathing dragon! Ever since playing Pokemon red and watching the original episodes I have also loved Charizard. This collection will be a ever growing one as long as I’m in the hobby :blush:

When I got back into the hobby the plan was to do a binder set of every Charizard in English since the start including 1st edition & unlimited etc… Please let me know if I am missing anything!? But I believe I finished this set last year. I have continued to collect other charizards including japanese but diverted my attention to other sets and cards too once i had finished this set. If there is anyone else in Australia that loves Charizards and has a collection like this please hit me up would be awesome to see what you have and meet some fellow Aussie Charizard collectors. So could this be one of the best Charizard collections in Australia…?

This is just a few of my favorite Charizard artworks all together in one place :blush:

Charizard booster pack artworks: 1st edition, shadowless, black triangle error, unlimited, long pack.

Custom Shinning Charizard Statue: I had this custom Charizard sculpture commission by a very talented sculpture. I was able to collaborate andhide the rod, I also have seen a few other Charizard sculptures so to make this truly a one of a kind I got Her to make it a black / shinning charizard, i wasnt sure if it was the right call at the time but once it was finished I couldn’t be more happy with the way it turned out! what do you think!?

All English Charizard binder: This was my main goal when i started back in the hobby and I was so happy to finish it last year, im hoping to replace a couple of the cards as time goes on with better ones but most of the cards here are NM-MINT. I’m thinking about collecting all the Japanese charizards next. If you see any English ones missing please let me know, I went through bulbapedia and went into each set to put my list together so hoping i haven’t missed any!?

My original childhood unlimited charizard: This is the card from my childhood that i found in my binder under the house such great memories.

Topps Clear Charizard: This was one of the first charizards I bought when i got back into the hobby last year. Love how the image is the same no matter what way you turn it around, its pretty trippy. would look great in a PSA slab.

Secret rare Plasma Storm Charizard: I found this card at my local card store last year just after getting back into the hobby this card was what started me spending bigger money on cards it cost me $150aud at the time which was a lot to me! in today’s market cheap considering its condition. It would be in my top ten Charizard artworks of all time for sure such a beautiful artwork!

A Bunch of Charizards cards from early on when i started collecting one of each Charizard in English still remember looking at them all in rows like this and the feeling it gave me was so awesome!

Pre Release Staff Charizard: Was good to tick this one off the list early but wasn’t cheap!

1997 Tomy Scratch Charizard: one of the oldest Charizards I know of these cards are seriously cool!

Championships Trio: love this set of e series cards :blush:

Custom Houndooom trio: I love the way Houndooom makes his pokemon cards into skeletons! he does it all by hand with one artline pen! seriously talented, I commissioned him to do the three base set cards, don’t worry they were XY cards not original base set cards :blush:

Pocket Monsters Carddass Charizard: This is one of my favorite Charizard artworks love the colors and pose and that its done by Ken Sugimori my favorite illustrator.

1995 Topsun Blue back Charizard: Correct me if I am wrong but I think this may be the oldest Charizard card?, yes older than the no rairity zard haha but granted not part of the TCG. When i found about this card it was hard to believe pokemon had been out since 1995!

Green and Red Holo Carddass cards: love these two old school Charizards.

Menko Charizards: I collect almost anything with Charizard on it, these look like coaster but were circular cards from what i can tell.

Skyridge Box Topper Charizard: Love how this is a giant see through version of the infamous crystal Charizard.

Legendary Collection Box Topper Charizard: Another Charizard box topper, love these giant versions of the originals.

1995 Topsun blue back holo: Super rare old Charizard card: love the holo pattern of this card when you look close has other pokemon icons worked into the background.

Japanese Manga from 1995 love the Ken Sugimori artwork and that it has Charizard on the cover :blush:

Nissui Holo Charizard: Love this set and this card. They were released in boxes of sausages back in the day in Japan!

Topps Chrome Embossed Charizard: Love this set of cards, the thick card stock and beautiful embossing makes them some of the most beautiful cards ever designed by Pokemon! I still need to find the spectra, sparkle and Tenko version!

Neo Desitiny 1st Edition Charizard MINT: Absolutely love this card such a simple and beautiful design, love the triple black star rarity too.

1st Edition Base Set Charizard: Need no introduction such a beast of a card, one day i might get a 9…10 is prob out of reach for me!

Charizard Children’s book, love the illustrations in this book :blush:

Signed Charizard Cards: I feel very blessed to own a couple of signed Mitsuhiro Arita Charizard cards.

Japanese Lottery Promo Charizard: Was lucky enough to find this mint Charizard in Tokyo during my travels in japan this year, I have sent it to get graded with the other two, Blastoise and Venusaur.

I wish this Charizard was mine, was a little large to bring home on the flight back to Sydney from Tokyo! :blush:
Thought I would add a photo of myself as its always nice to put a face to the people we talk too.

Thanks for checking out the thread. I will continue to update it as my collection grows :blush:

25 Likes

Nice collection, the Legendary Collection Charizard is still my favorite and Dark Charizard close 2nd. Though Charizard is not my favorite Pokemon, he is still bad***

2 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Great collection :blush:

@chrisbalestra zaaaards

2 Likes

Nice collection. For the Topsun there is an older version, the No Number Blue Back. You also might want to get the Green Back if you go for the No Number, gotta catch em all.

1 Like

Love me some Charizards. Great work;)

1 Like

This is an absolutely insane collection! Looks like you’re missing one of the 6 expedition charizards, also is that a fake storefront Charizard beside a real one?

1 Like

Amazing collection. Those skeleton customs look brilliant, made me think of game of thrones

1 Like

Where can i find this houndoom fella?

1 Like

Thanks heaps guys glad you like it.

@teamrocketop Thanks heaps Yes I love those two charizards two def some of the most iconic artworks.

@pierce Thanks dude, do you know of any other fellow aussie charizard collectors?

@mulder I plan on getting the green back i didnt know about the no number version though so thanks for the info.

@not Zelda Gilroy Thanks heaps Gary appreciate it coming for the guy with the best Charizard collection in the world!!! I was thinking of you as I was posting these pics up last night.

@mthursty Thanks heaps mate, I will look into the expedition charizards to make sure i havent missed one! The stormfront charizard isnt fake its the non holo version, but it is pretty worn out its the only card other than the crystal charizard holo that i need to replace in this binder :blush:

@dean Thanks heaps es they are awesome hey he is on instagram under houndooom. def has a game of thrones feel.

@ve7o He is on instagram mate under Houndooom :blush:

1 Like

@cutters In Australia? I don’t know of anyone that specifically focuses on charizards, there are a few people here (on e4) with extensive charizard collections but none from Australia afaik. I have a bunch of charizards but I wouldn’t call myself a charizard collector per se.

Double check! I don’t remember a stormfront Charizard with misspelled “charmeleon” or giant energy symbols :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, yeah there’s the holo Charizard 6/165, reverse holo Charizard 6/165, non holo Charizard 39/165, reverse holo Charizard 39/165, non holo Charizard 40/165, reverse holo Charizard 40/165! :grin:

Edit: just saw that lottery Charizard card :') it’s so beautiful I definitely need one!

10/10 for presentation

1 Like

Awesome collection!! I’m also a fellow zard collector so much love for this :blush:

If you are looking for all English variants there is also the UK 4th print base set charizard, corrected error blaines charizard and FPO charizard off the top of my head that I couldn’t see here.

Here is what they look like. I really like the non-TCG part of your collection. Great way to make your collection stand out and have it more interesting instead of just collect WoTC and sealed like everyone else.

1 Like

Awesome collection and bonus points for being an Aussie! I briefly skimmed what you could be missing along with what other have said, the 1999-2000 Base Set Zard and if you want to rule them all grey stamp 1st Ed Zard :grin:. @quuador might have done a complete setlist for Charizard. Also the “1995” Topsun set was actually released in 1997, for the first Charizard you will need to get a copy of the no rarity if you haven’t already!

2 Likes

I just can’t read no rarity without thinking no raritan anymore

7 Likes

@shizzlemetimbers thanks heaps for the bonus points haha. yes ill need to find a UK 1999-2000 zard. grey stamp 1st ed lol then next thing ill need is thick and thin stamp lol! good to know about the topsun dates! I have got a No rarity charizard while in japan not in great condition but its getting graded at the moment :blush:

WOW!!! Amazing collection! That is a lot of Charizard!

1 Like

Wow! Awesome set! Those custom Houndoom ones are great

1 Like