Terms of a deal for my Trophy Pikachu

I am selling my PSA 7 1997/1998 No. 1 Gold Trophy Pikachu from the Lizardon Mega Battle (2nd tournament).

The buyer is @link .

The terms of the deal are a bit unusual.

Posting this thread is the first step in the deal. (The reason for this step being to make @link more comfortable with the idea of trusting me with sending such a large amount of money before I send him the card)

Here are the full terms of the deal:

• I post this thread on E4 to make our deal public.
  • I send him my picture ID to prove I am who I say I am.
  • @link sends me the bitcoin.
  • I convert the bitcoin to USD Balance on coinbase.
  • @link sends any remaining fees to cover the sale to USD balance.
  • I cash out the daily limit and we wait until it hits my bank (est. 1-3 business days but we’re not sure exactly).
  • After that, I video myself packaging the card and also signing the package so it cannot be altered by either of us.
  • I send the card.
  • @link videos himself opening the box, clearly showing the signature and package unaltered.
  • @link fully accepts the responsibility if it somehow gets lost in the mail.
58 Likes

I’m extremely excited to do this deal, after multiple weeks in planning.
Cannot wait to deal with ebulb and finally have this card in my possession :grin:

29 Likes

As the former owner, I hope you greatly enjoy it and congratulations to both of you

16 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

2 Likes

awesome guys (and nice choice of payment method! :grin:)

2 Likes

Holy

1 Like

good luck! of all the packages that will be lost in the mail this month, hopefully it’s not this one.

3 Likes

What a beautiful card and a crazy price. Very cool and humbled to witness a deal involving this card!

1 Like

Man don’t even say that hahaha.

9 Likes

where’s the dislike button

21 Likes

@link , my $800 package got lost for about 3 weeks, and i nearly had a heart attack. i’m sure expedited overnight shipping should be fine, but the silver lining is that you can start your own youtube channel;

“LOST my $200,000 package”

“mossdeep JINXED me”

“Headed to PRISON for murder”

11 Likes

Very nice deal, congrats to both of you.

Kept thinking you were just linking to the buyer’s profile, until I scrolled down and realized his name was link

15 Likes

Honestly if I were in your shoes I would most definitely fly to buy/sell the item. I’m just not that type of person to trust the mail with that type of money.

8 Likes

How far is the package travelling?

Flying and meeting in person not possible if international I guess

1 Like

It is international unfortunately, and due to covid this is the only option.

I wanna watch the video of it being packed and unpacked. keep bumping this so I don’t miss out.

3 Likes

Congratulations to both of you!

To ebulb my question is. Why did you decide to sell it? I thought this was your all time grail card, even above the illustrator. Is there another deal in the making, like one for the 1997 trophies? Or just cashing out on the card? I understand if you dont wanna tell, but I still remember your post that you were incredibly happy when you finally got the trophy.

6 Likes

Awesome deal. Congratulations to both of you!

Imagine being that guy who converts their $200,000 Bitcoin back to USD. :wink:

I wrote a simple web app a few years back to calculate ROI over 1 year for investing in Bitcoin in steady intervals over the past 12 months. If you’d coverted 10 USD to Bitcoin every day since 14th December 2019 you’d now have 2.144 BTC and your $3,650 investment would currently be worth $41,254.50. Even with Bitcoin being around it’s ATH right now, I personally wouldn’t cash out all of it in one go unless you desperately need the USD.

At any rate, welcome (albeit if only for a moment) to the 21 million club.

5 Likes