Tamamushi University Magikarp, what does everyone think?

@sartzcharz, Thats a fake Unikarp.

6 Likes

That is a fake unikarp and so are the charizards behind it

2 Likes

I used to really dislike this card, and I believe I posted in the unpopular opinion thread a couple of years ago saying it was ugly/overrated.

After reading the history of the card and my collection becoming more Japanese than English, I’ve changed my mind and would really love to buy a low-grade copy in the future.

3 Likes

Well, the card is not mine. Was from someone who contacted me …

It’s nothing personal, just being mentioned for posterity.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the card in that picture because everything was via chat. That was the only experience I had with that card.
I’m planning to buy the Web version … 99% discount compared to Unnumbered one.

Btw, how can you detect a fake card???

Those are moving in price too, better grab them soon.

They are experts, plus the design,colors and text are off

Well, the angle shown in the only picture I received didn’t helped me much …

It’s truly ok, they just want to make sure people know it’s not real so that these photos won’t be used as real.

Lots of fakes being pass around.

1 Like

Borders immediately.

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed that when I checked the card. I checked it when I was starting with old TCG … and now, comparing a PSA Sample with the image one, I noticed that what you said is true … Thanks for all!!!

1 Like

Love the Unikarp, what an insane release. Could the Magikarp knowing Dragon Rage before its time be analogous to the winning kids knowing all of the answers/being gifted?

4 Likes

Yea I recently discovered the Unikarp and the history behind it and I can say its the most interesting card I have heard of personally. I dont believe anything else screams “I want to be the very best” than Tamamushi University and the UniKarp :rofl: A real life Pokemon scenario! The lvls of dedication in 1998 to obtain such a piece are unmatched!

1 Like