Tamamushi University Pin Official Info?

By any chance does anyone have any official documentation or any information release where it shows that the Tamamushi University Pin was given out?

Thought it would be an awesome idea to have one of those pins graded by PSA since they do grade pins. Lets see if we can add the Tamamushi Magikarp Pin to their list :blush:

Just need any kind of documentation that it was officially released. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :wink:

The people you need to ask :blush:

@hersheycardcollector @linkdu83 @sataku @zenitokagedane @positiveoutlook @nine

Thanks man! I’ll shoot some messages :grin:

@pokemoncollectibles @nine Managed to find out the following information :blush:

2 Likes

This is cool what mag is this from?

That’s sick! On top of the question posted, is there any documentation or info in regards to the winners or the prizes involved, like the in-game Magikarp with Dragon Rage? I know there were 20 given out, just curious on the context.

Holy shit lol. I just started following that guy. I thoight they put them on Green version. What is that screen from lol. Did he actually win it?

Yeah KEI managed to contact me on my IG and sent me the documentation. Wish I could obtain a copy of that magazine so I can send it to PSA haha. If anyone has one that they’re willing to sell or knows where I can find one it would be great help :wink:

That screenshot is from Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR! for the GameBoy Color. It’s the successor to Pokémon TCG for the GameBoy Color which sadly never saw a release outside of Japan, despite the first game doing rather well. This is a still from card P06 (Promo Card 6 out of 49) and as you can see it uses the stunning Tamamushi University Magikarp art.

1 Like

That’s crazy. Now I remember that game lol. I’m assuming this was distributed along side the in game Magikarp, or was this the one the articles refer to?

The physical Tamamushi University Magikarp card and the Pokémon Card GB2 game are completely unrelated. Nevertheless the game did include 2 physical promo cards: Great Rocket’s Mewtwo and Lugia. Pokémon Card GB2 uses a lot of iconic art for its ingame promos such as the 1999 Masaki vending promos for Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, Machamp and Omastar; the 1998 CD promos for the Kanto starters; the 1998 Dragonite promo from the first Pokémon Card GB game; 1997/1998 Flying and Surfing Pikachu; and the infamous 1998 Kangaskhan Family Event Trophy Card. So the Tamamushi University Magikarp was just one of many artworks made digital for this great sequel game.

oh, okay. Damn. Got my hopes up haha