SV06.5 Shrouded Fable (TPCI) / SV6a Night Wanderer (TPC)

So far not very excited about the new pokemon or the set but it does have some good or interesting stuff too, the amount of illustration rares looks very nice and would be great to see some ukiyo-e style cards in the set too, kingambit promo looks absolutely gorgeous so excited to see at least the kingdra as well! Also the new reverse holo pattern sounds promising

4 Likes

I am pumped about all 3 promos, and I am psyched they are promos. Hopefully they have set cards in the same style.

Also, not directly on topic but does someone remember the schedule for the rest of the english sets for this year (or what we know about it), i which months the remaining sets would be released?

sv07 should be mid september and 08 should be mid november which unfortunately means 8.5 probably will be next year, pushing back 9 to march or whatever.

i wish they would do better with synchronizing sets like how last year sv3 and 4 released within a week or two globally

1 Like

I love the mini tins for bringing around dice and coins for tournament play! They’re really convenient, and I like matching them to whatever mat I use that day.

who did it better?

7 Likes

Dont really think its a fair comparison :rofl:

1 Like

i agree. the vibrance of the tera ex makes it look so much better while the promo looks ironically even more washed out and messy lol

3 Likes

I think the scan is not doing the promo justice, it looks like there will be a textured holo pattern.

Its probably trying to emulate the gold leaf on Japanese lacquerware or something?

1 Like

yeah i’m sure it’ll look better in person. i always dislike how much the glitter fx distort the art

1 Like

I personally like the fighting tera greninja ex more, which is partially due to my headcanon that the colors around greninja are from fallen grafaiais :pikalaugh:

2 Likes

We’ll tell in time! I’m glad it isn’t JP so till then my wallet is safe.

2 Likes

I guess i’m in minority then but i really like the promo and its stylish and simple style more, i can’t even properly tell the pose of tera one in the middle of all that splatter :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

here’s another look at the artwork without the glitter.

definitely looks better

8 Likes

A specialty set…without Charizard as the announcement headline??? Pinch me, I must be dreaming

SV6a Night Wanderer

Main Set

SV6a 009/064 Iron Moth (illus. Shinji Kanda)
SV6a 026/064 Slither Wing (illus. Shinji Kanda)

12 Likes

I really hope Dusknoir gets a new illustration rare considering he’s on one of the mini tins! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Oh man, the set just got a whole lot better, an incredible pair by Kanda!

3 Likes

SV6a Night Wanderer

Main Set

SV6a 033/064 Inkay (illus. Mori Yuu) new artist
SV6a 034/064 Malamar (illus. akagi)

SV6a 062/064 Xerosic’s Scheme (illus. GOSSAN)
→ XY4 094/088 SR Xerosic (illus. Masakazu Fukuda)

Mori Yuu

Illustrator and mangaka

Mori Yuu’s Twitter/X

5 Likes