Surprising Gym Heroes pack

My first post ever on e4 was me asking if others thought a 1st edition Gym Heroes pack I purchased was resealed.

www.elitefourum.com/t/was-my-1st-edition-gym-heroes-pack-resealed/21601/1

Between the sketchy look/feel of the pack and the negative feedback from another user claiming the packs he bought from the same seller were 100% resealed, I was completely convinced mine was resealed as well.

After contemplating for a while, I decided to open the pack to confirm that I got scammed.

I went in to the opening expecting absolutely nothing, which made it all the sweeter when I ended up pulling my first 1st edition holo from a pack ever!!!

I was so excited that I was shaking for like 5 minutes afterwards lmao.

Pulls

After recently getting scammed a few times in a row and starting to lose my passion for the hobby, this experience reminded me why collecting pokemon cards is so amazing.

15 Likes

Congrats on the pull, I’m glad to hear it wasn’t resealed after all :blush:

1 Like

Hey @basedboy,

Belated welcome to the forums!

Congrats on the pull, just wanted to say that, for future reference, you have a 1/3 chance of pulling a holo from a pack, meaning that you really need to be careful when buying loose packs online, as if not resealed, most likely the packs are weighted.

Therefore, it’s super difficult to gauge the honesty of a seller (unless really reputable) because with such a small reference point (buying only a few packs here and there), you will most likely pull duds which would weigh unfavourably for the seller.

Not really defending the seller here, just don’t want you to feel bummed out in the future if you pull a lot of duds in packs!

1 Like

Very nice! I’m super tempted to open the 1st ed pack I have as well.