Sugimori Trophy Kangaskhan Art

Is this artwork on any other pieces of Pokémon ? I know it’s on the TOMY scratch card. Any others Sugimori pieces with this illustration would be greatly appreciated !

It’s on a post stamp which is part of a larger sheet, it’s also on a bandai sticker card. I don’t have images at hand right now sadly. Same goes for the TMB Exeggutor for example, all reused Sugimori stock art. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes it is, they later used it for the card, here is an example of the 1997 sealdass sticker:

9 Likes

Thank you !!

1 Like

Great to know. Thank you

As far as I am aware, of the main limited distribution Ken Sugimori trophy/prize/otherwise special promo cards, only the Neo No. 1/2/3 trophies have completely unique art (not used on other card prints, Topsun, Bandai, merchandise, etc). Given the expense to acquire one for my unique Chansey art collection, I looked pretty hard for other uses of the Chansey art.

The iconic Japanese Sugimori cards I could find other instances of the art were:

• Grand Party
  • Tropical Mega Battle: Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos phone cards
  • Tropical Mega Battle Exeggutor No. 1/2/3
  • University Magikarp
  • Parent/Child Kangaskhan
  • Bebe’s Search
  • Cynthia’s Feelings
6 Likes

I remember seeing the art on a vending sheet the other day and being surprised it was used elsewhere. Not sure which series, might have been 3.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Will look into this

Thank you so much for sharing your research. It’s greatly appreciated