Sugimori "A chance encounter with a shiny pokemon" merch

Hey there!

I’ve been in love with this artwork for a long time (can attribute it to helping me get back into collecting) and have decided to try and collect the various merchandise variations of it! That said, I’ve been having real trouble finding any kind of info on just how many “things” may have been released with this artwork and was wondering if anyone with a bit more knowledge might be able to help me with my quest?

I know there was a limited release of the large, original print which seems to be almost the only documented merch featuring it; a notebook for which I can find no information anywhere; a deck box of sorts which has a surprising amount of detailing on all side and can even fit PSA cards (so lord know what it really is), and finally a phone card. So far that’s all I’ve been able to uncover and hell, only ever seen one example of the book and deck box each and two instances of the phone card on instagram! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is an example of the notebook and deck box:

[SPOILER: Click to show](javascript:void(0):wink:Spoiler

2 Likes

There’s actually a handful of product featuring this artwork.

• A full size 9 slot binder
  • a mini binder
  • an actual deck box (the image you showed is more of a storage box)
  • a 2nd edition framed print that was released last year.
  • a clear file
  • the Phone Card

I may be forgetting one or two, but that’s what comes to mind at the moment!

Ah thank you! I actually managed to forget I had the clear file, oops! That’s some really great info, :blush: will be a huge help. I don’t suppose you know how or where the 2nd edition of the print was released? I mean, I imagine the pokemon centres/website but I don’t recall seeing it anywhere at all. I managed to pick one up this time last year but yeah, I still didn’t see anything about them back then, just got it off of a guy!

Here’s the link!

www.pokemoncenter.com/home—office/art/sugimori-art-collection#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:5&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

The 2nd edition print was limited to a quantity of 50 copies each! Whatver you don’t see on the site has sold out! The remaining few still there have about 1-2 copies left!

Ah that’s where I thought it would be, must have sold out super quick! :blush: thank you very much for the help, really grateful!

There are also:
A postcard
A lunch box
A pin/badge set

1 Like

Don’t forget the:

T-shirt
Wall poster
Computer screensaver
Car decal

… I’m kidding lol. I’ve been watching those Sugimori items for a bit now, and I’ve never come across a deck box. Just the storage box!

I want a clear file of that or something. How can you even search for this artwork??

This is my favorite art by Ken. I’ve been searching for the phone card!