Pokemon Shikishi Art boards

Has anyone else introduced themselves to these items made by Bandai?

They are available from gum packs, each box has 10 packs. So far they’ve released ART 1 Kanto, ART 2 Johto and ART 3 Hoenn collections and there’s probably more to come. Here’s ART 2 Johto collection as an example.

I rarely make temptation purchases but all the old & new artwork was way too good to miss. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Uuuuh I still have to complete this set D:

Also this kind of art/release exists for Dragon Ball or Boku no Hero for example^^

1 Like

First time seeing this, that’s some quality art

1 Like

Just opened a booster box of these, they are very good quality and I highly recommend these sets to anyone who enjoys collecting the artwork of the hobby. The ho-oh and lugia each have special gold and silver foiling to them and I pulled no duplicates which I assume is only intentional to these sets.

2 Likes

@andrea
Good luck! I cheated little bit and bought all 3 collections ( ART 3 is still otw. ).
Yeah I noticed ebay was mostly filled with DBZ items. :blush:
@umbreon
Quality is certainly nice and every product has soft sleeve as brand new. :blush:
Gotta keep eyes open for possible ART 4 release even when I’m not that big fan of Sinnoh region.

2 Likes

@nauticads, !!! The johto lover in me needs to know where I can grab these, as I now need this whole set!! These are so cool! Bandai also made these Johto figure collections too recently (I saw one up on Pokemon Center Japan) which are also kind of in this same sort of niche realm and I think theyre going to release more within the year as well! Regardless, if theres a specific place I could get these arts id love to know! (or what to know to search through ebay for them :blush: )

@dizzle24
Here are listings for both complete set or sealed box if you want to try your luck with pulls.
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Shikishi-Art-Sumie-Looking-Art-Part-2-Complete-Set-16-Japanese/383410401296?hash=item59450a7010:g:1KkAAOSwx9ldfMJV
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Shikishi-Art-Part-2-Bandai-1-Box-10-Pack-Mint-Japanese/174066269722?hash=item2887287e1a:g:nCMAAOSwzeddpkVU

1 Like

Ah thanks so much!!! Im definitely going to grab one or two tomorrow for sure! I appreciate the help and info!

1 Like

Does anyone know if these artworks are currently in production? I had a difficult time tracking down the Gen 1 artworks.

1 Like

@neo
Well considering Art 1 was released already in June 2019 it’s safe to assume the production has stopped, same thing with Art 2 ( released September 2019 ).

I ordered myself some of the gen 3 ones :blush: I hope they arrive next week, I really love the artwork!

1 Like

ART 4 will be released in next month, the following link includes pictures from pack artwork and all 16 boards.
www.pokemonnewspaper.com.au/pokemon-shikishi-art-4/
Against my personal expectations it’s a mash up set instead of purely focused on gen 4. My favourites are probably Articuno and Pichu. :blush:

1 Like

Have you had any luck finding a complete part 3 set on ebay? Haven’t seen one for a few days, but it might be because my location isn’t US.

1 Like

@mykel
I’m not located in US either but there are at least two complete ART 3 sets on ebay right now.

1 Like

5 Likes

These have indeed incredible art, i have some of the kanto ones before i realised the need to focus with my collection instead of buying some bits and pieces here and there. But fun fact is that shikishi boards are what started my journey on japan mercari and yahoo auctions and a lot of us must know what journey that is when it gets started :slight_smile:

3 Likes