Submitting New TCG to PSA

I’m a pretty avid collector of the Score DBZ TCG that ran from 2000-2004 (probably moreso than Pokemon actually) and saw a PSA graded card from the Score DBZ TCG on eBay recently. I don’t see there being a pop report of the card, and the label was actually inaccurate, but I thought it would be great if PSA would actually grade some of my cards. I am wondering if there is a specific process for doing this–I would be happy to write them and describe the relevant collectability aspects of the TCG such as rarities and sets, but I don’t know if they would actually consider it in any way or even read it.

I’m curious as well. I have a few Harry Potter cards I want graded, but they aren’t in the PSA database.

I’d start by calling psa’s customer service and they should give you the proper steps.

I have a bunch of Smallville (tv show), Simpsons 1993 Skybox cards and even some WWE Topps cards. Most of these only have a total population of 1 because I am the only maniac who wanted these graded. Even my three 2016 PSA 8 Ghostbuster autos I recently showed off in the ‘other collections’ thread are unique in the fact that no one else has ever had them graded.

I submitted these normally (over multiple submissions) and had to do my best to label them since they were not found in the system. I even messed up on one and said it was Skybox when it was Cryptozoic. PSA ignored my error and labeled it correctly.

Got all the cards back per usual and have never had an issue of PSA refusing to grade them.

Having spoken to PSA about grading new items, they want evidence of their authenticity from a legitimate source (ie an official website) which will often require a card database (must also be available in English).

Good luck =)

1 Like

Hey Crow,
I actually tried to get this done a few years back, but it’s really difficult with Score not in existence and there being no “official” database. I tried using Retrodbz’s database and rarecaredz library (RIP), and got denied because of the authenticity factor/need more information.

I ended up going with Beckett for my DBZ grading because they already have it solidified and in their system. One of the big DBZ collectors actually works for Beckett too, so they have a good thing going. Here’s one of my more recent returns:

1 Like

I kept hoping PSA would start grading these. No hope eh?

So could they grade Animal Crossing amiibo cards? There are official & unofficial websites that tell exactly what these cards are & maybe they can create their own order to labeling them.

You’ll have to email them and find out.

Don’t link them to unofficial websites.

That’s awesome. I’ll go with BGS then–thanks for this.