Stupidest College Credit Course...POKEMON GO?

Maybe things have changed but when I went to school an elective in one major could be a requirement in another major.

the biggest difference that people are overlooking is that these won’t make any significant dent in your requirements for a degree. So while they are lacking merit, therer isn’t much of a problem with people taking it.

1 Like

and i shall ignore this information, and i shall move to america and major in computer science by taking pokemon go credit classes.

2 Likes

While they won’t earn credit towards a specific concentration/major, the credits earned will still count towards the amount needed to graduate from the school. No, it’s not a significant dent like you mentioned, but still notable compared to any more difficult elective. Also, some schools have a physical education requirement simply to graduate (my university required two semesters of it), so classes like this could be very beneficial for some students to take.

1 Like

“Great People of Science.” Went to a small private college. It was the science class for athletes. My roommate and I got in (philosophy and classical studies majors, respectively). We would have a quiz if attendance fell below 50 percent, which happened only once (attendance was 25 percent of our grade and quizzes were 25 percent). Quiz question was “Who is your favorite great person of science, and why?” Thankfully, I scored 100 percent on that quiz. Ha ha.