Stored Base Set in Ultra-Pro Premium Pro Binder unsleeved?

So, back in 2016 I purchased an unlimited Base Set and stored all the cards in an Ultra-Pro Premium Pro Binder. I didn’t think to sleeve them up before slipping them into the pockets of the binder. Will the textured black pages of the binder chip the edges of the cards if I slide them out to put them in sleeves and top loaders? Am I better off cutting the pockets open and lifting each card out, or am I just being paranoid? I feel like of I try to move the cards from where they are it’ll damage them.

Probably a bit paranoid. Cards are more durable than you’d think. Your more likely to damage the card by trying to cut anything

1 Like

I think the biggest risk here is putting the cards in. If the edge has any damage or raised spots on it the lip could catch the textured wall of the binder and make it worse. Taking them out should be ok, they are durable to some extent and when you take them out you have to lift one side and pull out anyways. The dragging/pushing of the cards when inserting would be my worry. Id throw them in a penny sleeve to hold in the binder too. Doesn’t hurt, and wouldn’t have to worry about the texture imprinting on the back with pressure. (though I don’t think I’ve ever seen this).

-TWSS :grin:

Take 2 penny sleeves and 2 other cards, put those cards in the penny sleeves. Slide them in on either side of the card like pieces of bread on a sandwich and then pull out your binder cards safe between the sleeves. That should protect from any chipping from the texture of the binder page. Just a suggestion. But in all honestly, that is likely overkill and you will probably be fine just removing the cards by hand…take extra care with the holos, so try on the energies first and see how that goes.

1 Like

They’re probably fine unless you sat on the binder. There’s some higher end sleeves that have texture on the backs of the inside so the cards don’t slip out and I’ve never seen it do anything.