Storage Locker Find: Pokémon Collection (Video)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BjvU8FvGk

@garyis2000 you selling stuff now?

9 Likes

You can tell the guy that found all that genuinely loves the hobby. This is the first UnlistedLeaf video I actually like.

3 Likes

Yeah, that looks like a really cool find. He was super lucky to be in the right place at the right time, and sounds like the owner of the storage locker was very nice and generous in being happy with his initial offer. Pretty cool to have the starters in like almost every language graded mint, that’s a little more unique than most collections found.

2 Likes

O wow, that’s a crazy find. One lucky dude to get that chance and take that collection. Wondering how much he paid for it.

2 Likes

It’s a great story and Sam’s a great guy. It was a wonderful find and went to the right home. Sam truly appreciates the find.

2 Likes

I like how my base binder is randomly thrown in the first 10 seconds of the video. :blush:

But seriously this is a dream scenario. I bought a trophy kangaskhan from a guy in my area who hit a jackpot storage locker. I wonder how many others remain?

6 Likes

The dream

2 Likes

I love it. I remember this find when it happened. I dream of finding something like this someday, and I know that people will continue to discover things like this over time. Keeps the hobby fresh and happy and awesome. Love the video!

2 Likes

Did this story get posted to efour months ago? I swear I saw pictures of this before.

I don’t even know I just saw it today and thought it was amazing. A mod can delete this if so.

1 Like

@missingno, The video is new but I am positive I have seen pictures of all these cards and boxes before and the exact same story was attatched to it. I just can’t remember where.

I liked to image Wizard has a secret hoard of sealed product tucked away, some indian jones style warehouse lol

2 Likes

Hi, this was me, and I did post about it on eFour months ago when it happened!

6 Likes

Haha I knew I wasn’t crazy. Cool find dude. I have literally had 2 or 3 dreams about stuff like that happening to me.

2 Likes

We can all dream we find something similar to this. What a cool story!

2 Likes

It was definitely surreal and hope the same happens to you all!

nice thumbnail

I’ve never been to a storage auction so how do things like this happen, though this wasn’t an auction necessarily? The starter variants in multiple languages would seem as a very personal collection and as far as I know cards wouldn’t be taken away in financial hardships (filing for bankruptcy).

The only situation I could come up with in my mind is the prior owner passed away and the family may not have been aware of the value of the cards or knew the storage locker existed.

It sounds like the buyer bought directly from the renter of that particular storage owner, no repos or anything involved here.

This is correct, the YouTube title is false, I purchased directly from the guy who owned the cards and rented the unit.

2 Likes