StockX booster box shrink wrap issues

I’ve bought many booster boxes from StockX recently. No major/expensive purchases so I didn’t expect there to be any potential for tampering or resealed boxes.

I have gotten about 24 boxes of Shiny V where the wrap is more loose than I would expect. I have also gotten some Japanese 25th anniversary boxes that seem pretty suspicious as well.

Feel free to call me overly paranoid but the Japanese celebrations wrap seemed super suspicious which made me look even more into the other boxes. I bought these to keep sealed long term but I know I wouldn’t want to buy a box which this shrink wrap tail hanging off of it.

(I’ll ignore their obnoxious verification sticker for now)

I talked with support tonight and expected to hear back from their “specialty team” soon. Will update here.

I’ve had a few loose Shiny Star V boxes like that. I opened one and it had a God pack. It’s probably fine

That’s good to hear. I wasn’t as concerned with those until I received the anniversary boxes. Have you seen anything like that by chance?

Also… congrats on the god pack. That’s pretty dope.

I haven’t bought or held any anniversary product so I can’t comment on their seal quality.

Thanks, I had the same suspicion the box was tampered with and ended up rage opening it. Turned out to be a nice surprise

The shrink wrap for the 25th set is not tight at all but those do seem a bit extreme. However I personally think quality control isn’t quite what it used to be for Japanese stuff so I think you’ll be okay.

Do those stickers come off easily?

I have no idea. I will probably open one of the anniversary boxes since the wrap worries me. Will try to take the sticker off first and report back.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty unfortunate. Even if it is legit, it’s not very aesthetically pleasing.

Yes and no. I’ve taken the stickers off of everything I’ve bought from StockX without leaving any residue, but they’re perforated into many different sections so it is a much more painstaking process than it should be.

Yeah, I would expect this. They definitely have a tamper proof design. Good to hear it doesn’t leave residue!

I have many SSV boxes with “loose” shrink wrap from different sources. I think it’s normal. People who bought from me said that they had good pulls.

1 Like

The shrink-wrapping on the 25th Anniversary box I received directly from the Pokemon Center looks exactly like the ones in your picture.

1 Like

Oooo… this is really good to hear. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

When I saw your picture, I thought to myself, “Uh-oh.”

Then I checked my unopened box. Same as yours.

Glad to have provided you with some peace of mind.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely helps a lot. Glad to have some peace of mind on it being legit as well as not being the only one that found it weird.